NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

3 minutes ago, Maximus89 said:

So nothing's stopping the Warriors from choosing yellow as their home/association jersey from now on?  They wanted to some years back, and the NBA wouldn't allow them to IIRC and now they're free to do as they please.

I'm not sure if yellow jerseys can be Association jerseys, but nothing is stopping them from wearing yellow at home full time.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Maximus89 said:

So nothing's stopping the Warriors from choosing yellow as their home/association jersey from now on?  They wanted to some years back, and the NBA wouldn't allow them to IIRC and now they're free to do as they please.

To me, it sounds like the opposite.  Every team (including the Lakers) must have a white "association: jersey, but nothing is stopping a team from having a gold jersey for one of their other three and using it as their primary jersey at home.

1 minute ago, Cleveland Fan said:

To me, it sounds like the opposite.  Every team (including the Lakers) must have a white "association: jersey, but nothing is stopping a team from having a gold jersey for one of their other three and using it as their primary jersey at home.

Which really means these categories have no meaning except for "We love metaphors and buzzwords!"

On 2017-07-12 at 8:01 PM, WSU151 said:

I'm gonna take a risk and #trustyou on this, but to have a jersey schedule, there will need to labels for uniforms, right?  If a team, say Miami, has two white uniforms, will it be "White 1" and "White 2"?  Or maybe "Uniform 1" and "Uniform 3"?  Based on this info, it can't be "Home 1" and "Alt 1".  

DFB-gyJUQAEW5TC.jpg-large.jpeg

6 minutes ago, JPDesign said:

I'm afraid all the community jerseys are going to have hokie nicknames on them: Buzz City, Motor City, etc. I've heard rumors of a Loud City jersey for OKC, which would fit this theme.

Oh god if there is a SOTA wolves jersey I may need a minute.

10 minutes ago, JPDesign said:

I'm afraid all the community jerseys are going to have hokie nicknames on them: Buzz City, Motor City, etc. I've heard rumors of a Loud City jersey for OKC, which would fit this theme.

While I don't really like the Motor City uniform, that nickname is neither hokie or similar to Buzz City, Lob City, or Loud City. At least the city has actually been nicknamed and referred to as the Motor City since Henry Ford started the assembly line.

1 minute ago, Eszcz21 said:

While I don't really like the Motor City uniform, that nickname is neither hokie or similar to Buzz City, Lob City, or Loud City. At least the city has actually been nicknamed and referred to as the Motor City since Henry Ford started the assembly line.

Yeah, at least Motor City is actually the city's nickname and not some fabricated marketing term.

45 minutes ago, SuperNerdToTheRescue said:

Assuming the Lakers will be one of the eight teams to receive a "Classic" jersey, I wonder if the logo used by the Lakers' digital department on social media and the shade of blue that the South Bay Lakers recently implemented hint at this blue Minneapolis jersey being reintroduced. 

9T-ZMOY1_400x400.jpgSouthBayLakers_FRC01_9999_SOL01_SOLCOA_S8632f_lg.jpeg

I think that's a good guess.  I believe 17-18 is the Lakers' 70th season, so we'll probably see a patch (or at least a logo) too..  

Archived