Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

32 minutes ago, dont care said:

Probably could have used a different term than "SAC Proud" for their purple jerseys

I don't know about you but I sure am "SAC Pound".

mod edit 

Edited by Ice_Cap
eh, cartoon or not it's probably not something someone wants to see on their phone at work

It said that all 30 teams will have white "association: jerseys.  I take it this means that the Lakers' exemption to wear a gold home/"association" jersey is over?

My guesses

Lakers - white association, gold icon, purple athlete, black community ("Hollywood Nights" set).

Cavaliers - white association, wine icon, navy blue athlete, black community (color they wore when they won the title), I could see them try to get on the "classic" rotation as often as possible with one of their early home jerseys to keep gold in the rotation.

So nothing's stopping the Warriors from choosing yellow as their home/association jersey from now on?  They wanted to some years back, and the NBA wouldn't allow them to IIRC and now they're free to do as they please.

5 minutes ago, Cleveland Fan said:

It said that all 30 teams will have white "association: jerseys.  I take it this means that the Lakers' exemption to wear a gold home/"association" jersey is over?

My guesses

Lakers - white association, gold icon, purple athlete, black community ("Hollywood Nights" set).

Cavaliers - white association, wine icon, navy blue athlete, black community (color they wore when they won the title), I could see them try to get on the "classic" rotation as often as possible with one of their early home jerseys to keep gold in the rotation.

Hopefully the classic will be the blue Los Angles uniform

3 minutes ago, Maximus89 said:

So nothing's stopping the Warriors from choosing yellow as their home/association jersey from now on?  They wanted to some years back, and the NBA wouldn't allow them to IIRC and now they're free to do as they please.

I'm not sure if yellow jerseys can be Association jerseys, but nothing is stopping them from wearing yellow at home full time.

2 minutes ago, Maximus89 said:

To me, it sounds like the opposite.  Every team (including the Lakers) must have a white "association: jersey, but nothing is stopping a team from having a gold jersey for one of their other three and using it as their primary jersey at home.

1 minute ago, Cleveland Fan said:

To me, it sounds like the opposite.  Every team (including the Lakers) must have a white "association: jersey, but nothing is stopping a team from having a gold jersey for one of their other three and using it as their primary jersey at home.

Which really means these categories have no meaning except for "We love metaphors and buzzwords!"

Since every team will have four color choices, that should prevent seeing visiting teams sporting their white uniforms.  White on the road is the only bad look I've seen over the years.

22 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

The cut on the sides of the kings shorts being placed so off-centre makes it look somewhat goofy.

fox_0.jpg

What happens to the diamond on the Bulls' shorts?

So this means the end of these jerseys for the kings. 

IMG_1243.JPG

I'd be over the moon if the Jazz's "community" was a purple throwback. 

It'll probably be the ghastly warmup-inspired alternate sans-sleeves, though.

Finally, Nike has vanquished the scourge of seams. Halle-fricken-lujah.

On 2017-07-12 at 8:01 PM, WSU151 said:

I'm gonna take a risk and #trustyou on this, but to have a jersey schedule, there will need to labels for uniforms, right?  If a team, say Miami, has two white uniforms, will it be "White 1" and "White 2"?  Or maybe "Uniform 1" and "Uniform 3"?  Based on this info, it can't be "Home 1" and "Alt 1".  

DFB-gyJUQAEW5TC.jpg-large.jpeg