NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

On 2/13/2017 at 6:43 PM, lafferty daniel said:
The Timberwolves are bringing green back!

IMG_0139.JPG

First off, sorry for quoting a post this old, BUT...

It shows a white jersey; NEXT TO THE OLD BLUE ROADS. Now that we know home/away is going to pasture, this is just about confirmation that Minnesota will go color-at-home, and use their white jersey primarily on the road.

ExJworW.png

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, kutztown said:

I apologize if this has already been addressed, but I've been off the site for a while.  Do we have a formal rollout date for the new Nike threads? 

Sacramento has already revealed theirs so I would guess it's a team-by-team basis.

4 minutes ago, kutztown said:

I apologize if this has already been addressed, but I've been off the site for a while.  Do we have a formal rollout date for the new Nike threads? 

No. All we knew was that it would start when Summer League ends and two teams have already showed off their new looks to the world, so I think it's iust a team basis.

EDIT: @TaylorMade beat me to it

ExJworW.png

8 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

It shows a white jersey; NEXT TO THE OLD BLUE ROADS. Now that we know home/away is going to pasture, this is just about confirmation that Minnesota will go color-at-home, and use their white jersey primarily on the road.

Not sure how you're coming to that conclusion on a graphic that's just showing a blank jersey?

But, that's FAR from a confirmation. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

11 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

For some reason, their new logo wasn't in the shape of a square.  

A white jersey with a question mark doesn't hold much significance for me.  Sorry man. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Or it could just be a white blank to not show off what the New Jersey colors will be...

Thanks guys.  Not sure if anyone caught this a few weeks back, but looks like a Sixers employee floated this out there.  Hopefully they've added some shadows to the numbers.  Always preferred the two-color combo for the Sixers as opposed to one solid color. 

DEQWLh2V0AAA3a7.jpg

7 minutes ago, kutztown said:

Thanks guys.  Not sure if anyone caught this a few weeks back, but looks like a Sixers employee floated this out there.  Hopefully they've added some shadows to the numbers.  Always preferred the two-color combo for the Sixers as opposed to one solid color. 

DEQWLh2V0AAA3a7.jpg

IMG_6722.thumb.JPG.3deeabb0aa1a4b6652ed0c30731b26c1.JPG

?

(Kidding. In any case, I do like the drop shadow look to the numbers.)

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I know the Sixers use the red drop shadows on the banners that hang from their new practice facility, although the number font appears to be a little bulkier than what they currently wear.  Tough to tell in this picture but it's there. 

sixers-flags.jpg?w=560

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Oh, you think there is hate and bashing of Nike now? Just wait until the Cavs uniform leaks/is unveiled...

Also, tip of the hat to @the_Raptors_king....

IMG_0918.JPG.0861d812fddfb88d8f1a2d062b6729c8.JPG

Damn it all to hell.  I was hoping for a Feather-C version for the classic look.  I forgot the Cavs are a trainwreck dumpsterfire. 

2 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

So my understanding is that now a team can designate any jersey to be their "Home", and then the "Away" is just which jersey the other team wants to wear that contrasts. So if The Celtics chose green as their "Home" jersey, Chicago could go with either red or white when visiting Boston.

If the Celtics chose white as their "Home", Chicago could go with either red or black.

As a fan of color matchups, I really hope teams pick a color jersey as their "Home".

I wouldn't be surprised if the Wizards pushed their red unis (even though I prefer their whites).  The Leonsis-owned Caps love to push their "Rock the Red" slogan for home games. 

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

There's a lot of talk about seams and hems designed to allevaite irritation, but is it a big deal when 99% of the players wear padded undergarments?

I'm more annoyed at the fact that the descriptions talk about how the crown is now at the waistband (because "we are all kings"), yet none of the photos give you a clear view of the waistband.  <_<

EDIT:  ah, I see others have posted photos that show the waistband.  I withdraw my complaint.  :)

1 hour ago, JPDesign said:

I'm afraid all the community jerseys are going to have hokie nicknames on them: Buzz City, Motor City, etc. I've heard rumors of a Loud City jersey for OKC, which would fit this theme.

I'm generally against those nicknames, agreed.  That said, if the Wizards break out a "Chocolate City" jersey, they can take all of my money. 

Archived