NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

10 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Going back to when Adidas took over, what was the reason why they couldn't continue with this number font for the Grizzlies?  I can't find the source

2004-2005-Grizzlies.jpg

the line going through the number would not have worked with the new mesh material adidas used with the new rev 30 jersey style

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, the_Raptors_king said:

the line going through the number would not have worked with the new mesh material adidas used with the new rev 30 jersey style

I also remember there being a rule implemented that banned "non solid" numbers (Stanford early 2000s). Or was that an NCAA rule?

maxresdefault.jpg

2 minutes ago, abanta said:

I also remember there being a rule implemented that banned "non solid" numbers (Stanford early 2000s). Or was that an NCAA rule?

maxresdefault.jpg

I think that was just NCAA.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

33 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Going back to when Adidas took over, what was the reason why they couldn't continue with this number font for the Grizzlies?  I can't find the source

2004-2005-Grizzlies.jpg

The implementation of the rev30 template. Adidas couldn't put the line through the mesh in the numbers. The hawks lost a highlight on their numbers too

07Giants.pngnyy.png

My hope for the Sixers:

Association: White

Icon: Blue

(And don't touch the current white or blue jerseys at all. They're perfect the way they are...)

The Athlete's Mindset: if possible the 1967 blue throwback

The community: Red

Classic Edition: The AI era black, gold and red 

Actually, now that I'm thinking of it, Is there anything preventing a team from using a throwback design for the Athlete's Mindset or the community jersey?

YVRMUBj.png

7 minutes ago, colortv said:

Grizzlies and Thunder need to be first in line for total revamps, bush-league looks.

The Mavericks have been hogging the first spot in line for the last several years. They don't seem to want to give it up, either.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

15 minutes ago, colortv said:

Grizzlies and Thunder need to be first in line for total revamps, bush-league looks.

The Grizzlies are actually ok.  Teal and black will probably return at some point though.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm not sure if I missed someone else already mentioning this. 

Do we know if Nike is continuing to have the NBA logo on the back of the uniforms above the names? Also, do we know if they are continuing the gold championship tabs on the back collars? 

2 hours ago, colortv said:

The lakers already have a pretty set rotation with the gold, purple, white, and black that they seem happy with I wonder if they will replace any of them? 

Yeah. I'm wondering if they'll designate the white as "Association". I'm over the current template. I'd like to see an updated version of the 80s classic, cut the black and maybe bring back the classic double blues.

1 minute ago, mattharveysc said:

Do we know if Nike is continuing to have the NBA logo on the back of the uniforms above the names? Also, do we know if they are continuing the gold championship tabs on the back collars? 

I'm going to assume they're keeping the NBA logo on the back since the front has the Swoosh logo and the Ads are covering both sides of the uniform. 

XM4KeeA.png

According to Nike, teams will release their basic white and colored uniforms "this summer," with alternate designs slated to be revealed "in the coming months." Nike has also said there will be "a major launch in early fall."

5 minutes ago, mattharveysc said:

Going off this picture, the gold tabs appear to still be there. Take that for what it's worth.

vr-display.jpg

20 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

Jesus...so now every team will have at least 4 uniforms and another 8 teams will have 5.  Ridiculous.

It's still better than -write a random number here- uniforms by adidas.

4r2eer.png

Archived