NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

17 minutes ago, mattharveysc said:

I'm not sure if I missed someone else already mentioning this. 

Do we know if Nike is continuing to have the NBA logo on the back of the uniforms above the names? Also, do we know if they are continuing the gold championship tabs on the back collars? 

Yes on both.

ExJworW.png

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While we are on the Lakers, this is still somewhat on topic, but I'm highly confident every single major free agent since the birth of the internet has been photoshopped into a Laker uniform.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

48 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

Jesus...so now every team will have at least 4 uniforms and another 8 teams will have 5.  Ridiculous.

I actually think that's a bit toned down from years past, no?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

12 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

While we are on the Lakers, this is still somewhat on topic, but I'm highly confident every single major free agent since the birth of the internet has been photoshopped into a Laker uniform.

Oh man, this needs to be it's own thread. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

37 minutes ago, colortv said:

If there's any decency left in this world the Lakers will have some variation of this jersey:

Preferably with this shoulder/neck piping:

hi-res-382833_display_image.jpg

That's what I want personally, essentially this jersey, with the modern wordmark & numbers, and probably new pants that reflect the change. The current jersey is starting to look a bit dated. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

21 minutes ago, kimball said:

I actually think that's a bit toned down from years past, no?

Could be for a handful of teams...but the more I think about it you may be right.  Were the Bucks the lone team with only 3 sets?  Knicks maybe?

50 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

That's what I want personally, essentially this jersey, with the modern wordmark & numbers, and probably new pants that reflect the change. The current jersey is starting to look a bit dated. 

I prefer the numbers on the retro jersey I posted. If you notice it has a dropshadow which the modern numbers don't. I think it looks better.

2 hours ago, colortv said:

If there's any decency left in this world the Lakers will have some variation of this jersey:

Kobe+Bryant+Los+Angeles+Lakers+v+New+Yor

hi-res-382833_display_image.jpg

Nike designed LAs current set in 1999 when they had rights for 8 teams (LA, Bulls, Det, Heat, Raps, Port, SA, Dal, Was, Bos) so good opportunity for them to redo this template.

Also thanks for the side by side photos and as a reminder Bryant will be the first guy to have two jerseys numbers retired by the same team!  Guy played 3d chess marketing wise.

Also interesting Nike will retain the gold tab similar to how they imported Reebok's captain stars patch for football. Couple of legacy items.

I really like Sacramento's colors.  Upgrade (if not for the ads).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

5 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Going back to when Adidas took over, what was the reason why they couldn't continue with this number font for the Grizzlies?  I can't find the source

2004-2005-Grizzlies.jpg

Four of these dudes are champs with the Heat ?

spacer.png

40 minutes ago, Derek94 said:

Nike designed LAs current set in 1999 when they had rights for 8 teams (LA, Bulls, Det, Heat, Raps, Port, SA, Dal, Was, Bos) so good opportunity for them to redo this template.

Also thanks for the side by side photos and as a reminder Bryant will be the first guy to have two jerseys numbers retired by the same team!  Guy played 3d chess marketing wise.

Also interesting Nike will retain the gold tab similar to how they imported Reebok's captain stars patch for football. Couple of legacy items.

I'm guessing you updated your list of 8?

Are you sure Boston was Nike? ... I guess that's right.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived