Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

 

Jesus...so now every team will have at least 4 uniforms and another 8 teams will have 5.  Ridiculous.

It's not too different then what they had before (might even be less for some teams)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if I missed someone else already mentioning this. 

Do we know if Nike is continuing to have the NBA logo on the back of the uniforms above the names? Also, do we know if they are continuing the gold championship tabs on the back collars? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, colortv said:

The lakers already have a pretty set rotation with the gold, purple, white, and black that they seem happy with I wonder if they will replace any of them? 

Yeah. I'm wondering if they'll designate the white as "Association". I'm over the current template. I'd like to see an updated version of the 80s classic, cut the black and maybe bring back the classic double blues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mattharveysc said:

I'm not sure if I missed someone else already mentioning this. 

Do we know if Nike is continuing to have the NBA logo on the back of the uniforms above the names? Also, do we know if they are continuing the gold championship tabs on the back collars? 

I'm going to assume they're keeping the NBA logo on the back since the front has the Swoosh logo and the Ads are covering both sides of the uniform. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Nike, teams will release their basic white and colored uniforms "this summer," with alternate designs slated to be revealed "in the coming months." Nike has also said there will be "a major launch in early fall."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mattharveysc said:

I'm not sure if I missed someone else already mentioning this. 

Do we know if Nike is continuing to have the NBA logo on the back of the uniforms above the names? Also, do we know if they are continuing the gold championship tabs on the back collars? 

 

Going off this picture, the gold tabs appear to still be there. Take that for what it's worth.

 

vr-display.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

Jesus...so now every team will have at least 4 uniforms and another 8 teams will have 5.  Ridiculous.

 

It's still better than -write a random number here- uniforms by adidas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mattharveysc said:

I'm not sure if I missed someone else already mentioning this. 

Do we know if Nike is continuing to have the NBA logo on the back of the uniforms above the names? Also, do we know if they are continuing the gold championship tabs on the back collars? 

Yes on both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, insert name said:

I never liked the orange uniforms. They were too blinding for me.

 

One of the best in the league for me:

 

iman-shumpert-knicks-orange-jersey.jpg

 

kobe-bryant-in-knicks-jersey.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there's any decency left in this world the Lakers will have some variation of this jersey:

 

Kobe+Bryant+Los+Angeles+Lakers+v+New+Yor

 

Kobe+Bryant+Los+Angeles+Lakers+v+New+Yor

 

ox281258293479436821.jpg

 

Preferably with this shoulder/neck piping:

 

hi-res-382833_display_image.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While we are on the Lakers, this is still somewhat on topic, but I'm highly confident every single major free agent since the birth of the internet has been photoshopped into a Laker uniform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

 

Jesus...so now every team will have at least 4 uniforms and another 8 teams will have 5.  Ridiculous.

 

I actually think that's a bit toned down from years past, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

While we are on the Lakers, this is still somewhat on topic, but I'm highly confident every single major free agent since the birth of the internet has been photoshopped into a Laker uniform.

 

Oh man, this needs to be it's own thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, colortv said:

If there's any decency left in this world the Lakers will have some variation of this jersey:

Preferably with this shoulder/neck piping:

 

hi-res-382833_display_image.jpg

 

That's what I want personally, essentially this jersey, with the modern wordmark & numbers, and probably new pants that reflect the change. The current jersey is starting to look a bit dated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, kimball said:

 

I actually think that's a bit toned down from years past, no?

 

Could be for a handful of teams...but the more I think about it you may be right.  Were the Bucks the lone team with only 3 sets?  Knicks maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

August is almost here so it's only a matter of time before the huge reveal. 

 

Side note: My bad @Ice_Cap for

that on a previous post (thanks for the clarification )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

 

Could be for a handful of teams...but the more I think about it you may be right.  Were the Bucks the lone team with only 3 sets?  Knicks maybe?

 

Dallas only had three sets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

 

That's what I want personally, essentially this jersey, with the modern wordmark & numbers, and probably new pants that reflect the change. The current jersey is starting to look a bit dated. 

 

I prefer the numbers on the retro jersey I posted. If you notice it has a dropshadow which the modern numbers don't. I think it looks better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now