2016-17 NCAA Basketball Thread: This is March.

RyanMcD29

1 minute ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I don't have anything against North Carolina, but it's pretty deflating as a fan of parity to get three fresh faces in the Final Four and STILL get a usual winning it all.

It's just kind of like, "eh, why do I watch this every year again?"

WWE fans know your pain.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LAME!

That Karnowski dude kind of sucks. How many close in touch shots did he brick last night? 8? That was the difference between winning and losing for Gonzaga. Sucks their other, good big man got into foul trouble. 

and if I wanted to watch a free throw contest I'd go to my gym and play HORSE with somebody. That was the least compelling close game I think I've ever watched. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

I pretty much only watch Big Ten all year.  The Big Ten lets 'em play a bit more than the rest...or at least it seems that way.  (and it probably serves the teams badly)

So many tournament games are marred by whistles every few seconds and several players in foul trouble.  I don't like seeing starters have to ride the bench for eight minutes in the first half because every missed short-range shot results in a whistle.  I'm at the point at which I'd advocate six, rather than five, for a foul out.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

44 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

I pretty much only watch Big Ten all year.  The Big Ten lets 'em play a bit more than the rest...or at least it seems that way.  (and it probably serves the teams badly)

So many tournament games are marred by whistles every few seconds and several players in foul trouble.  I don't like seeing starters have to ride the bench for eight minutes in the first half because every missed short-range shot results in a whistle.  I'm at the point at which I'd advocate six, rather than five, for a foul out.

Better reffing would be nice, but you're right, it seems that we're going to need to a move to 6 fouls to really alleviate the issue. 

I feel for Karnowski. Dude played the biggest game of his life, and it just wasn't his night. Williams-Goss also wasn't as dynamic as he was in the matchup against South Carolina. Wasn't attacking the lane or UNC's bigs as much as he should have, though the endless whistles and free throws probably played a part. 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

3 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

Last nights guys had...

Michael Stephens who typically works ACC, AAC, and Big East.

Verne Harris works WAC, MWC, Pac-12 and MVC.

Terry Oglesby works SEC, B1G, CUSA, Big XII or anywhere he wants.

In 2014-15, Stephens worked 89 games in 109 days and that's in addition to his primary job (if he actually does it) as Director of Parks/Rec for the city of Providence.  They deliberately overwork themselves and it shows in April.

Archived