Fictional College Sports Concepts

JCRGraphix

I've always preferred college sports to pro sports, so I decided to come up with some fictional colleges and design logos and uniforms for all of their sports teams. They compete in the National Collegiate Sports Organization or NCSO for short.

The first school I came up with is The Agricultural and Mechanical University of Michigan or Michigan A&M for short. Founded in 1902 in my real-life hometown of Climax, Michigan, the Michigan A&M sports teams were known as the Pottawatomies until 1992. Much like some other schools that use Native American mascots, the incorrect pluralization of the people was used (Pottawatomi is itself plural), and was discontinued. In 1992, a naming contest was held, and the name Threshers won. This name reflected Climax, MI as the place where the combine harvester was invented (threshing machinery), and hopped on the sharks and dinosaurs craze of the 1990s (thresher shark). The colors of green and gold are used by Michigan A&M to reflect the agricultural industry of the area.

The school's first logo was a simple monogram that is still used heavily:

oldmono.png

The Pottawatomies introduced a simple crude Native American logo in the 1950s that was used until the mid-1970s:

oldlogo.png

When the school rebranded in 1992, this wild monogram was introduced. It was popular with students and is still used as the university's main mark:

newmono.png

A shark logo was introduced in the late 2000s that combined the thresher shark with corn:

logo.png

For the uniforms, we'll start with fall sports. Before getting to football, we'll hit soccer, and also show off the marching band uniforms. As a professional musician, I've always had a special place in my heart for college marching bands, so they will be included in this project.

For Michigan A&M's soccer uniforms, a green and gold kit is used with a simple white one with a green sash for away games. 

gg.png

white.png

The marching band, or "Green Machine" as they're called have flashy green uniforms and use gold colored brass. The drum majors have bright gold pants and gloves in addition to their gold bearskin cap.

drummajor.png

band.png

For those of you who are not aware, tubas (my main instrument) come in a few colors. They are normally be gold, silver, or fiberglass white although the fiberglass ones can be painted.

Now on to football...

For their current uniforms, Michigan A&M always wears a green helmet with their zig-zag monogram, but wears different combinations of white, green, and gold jerseys with either green or gold pants.

home.pngaway.pngthird.png

Also, for special occasions, the Threshers throw back to their Pottawatomies days with their 1962 (white) and 1950 (gold) uniforms. They are used for special rivalry games which I will get into shortly.

1950.png1962.png

Alright, on to winter sports starting with wrestling and basketball.

The basketball team uses a simple but modern look with some small stripes on the sides of the torso and shorts:

green.pnggold.pngwhite.png

The wrestling team has one modern wild singlet and a more traditional looking one:

singlet2.pngsinglet1.png

On 11/11/2016 at 5:11 PM, JCRGraphix said:

For the uniforms, we'll start with fall sports. Before getting to football, we'll hit soccer, and also show off the marching band uniforms. As a professional musician, I've always had a special place in my heart for college marching bands, so they will be included in this project.

For Michigan A&M's soccer uniforms, a green and gold kit is used with a simple white one with a green sash for away games. 

gg.png

white.png

The marching band, or "Green Machine" as they're called have flashy green uniforms and use gold colored brass. The drum majors have bright gold pants and gloves in addition to their gold bearskin cap.

drummajor.png

band.png

For those of you who are not aware, tubas (my main instrument) come in a few colors. They are normally be gold, silver, or fiberglass white although the fiberglass ones can be painted.

Only the coolest folks play the tuba.

Tuba02.jpg

Tuba99.jpg

5f6789e7-80cd-4d9b-af90-b70a526ce9c2.jpg

I posted this on another thread, but I think it would actually be more applicable here. I apologize for being redundant.

As usual, I am coming to the game late with a day 1 draft of a logo, but the idea hit me and I had to write it down because it made me chuckle.

Florida State University - Tampa (FSUT)

Colors: Black and Royal Blue

Mascot: "Soot-Foots"

I thought of this being referred to as "Eff-Soot, Soot-Foots" and have the team/mascot be a chimney sweep or a beachbum

FSUT Logo1.jpg

5f6789e7-80cd-4d9b-af90-b70a526ce9c2.jpg

First off, the amount of band folks on here is awesome! Here are a few pics of me with my tuba. 

This one is from my recent deployment to Afghanistan:

afghan.jpg

And this one's from a show we played in Gyeryong, Korea:

korea.jpg

anyways... on to concepts:

Up next are the Detroit University Beavers. Founded in 1832, this non-denominational private college uses the Beaver as their mascot as a nod to the fur traders that helped shape the early economy of the area. 

Here are their main logos:

logo.png

monogram.png

The marching band is quite flashy with bright blue and red uniforms, silver brass, and bright white drum major uniforms.

marchingband.pngdrummajor.png

Archived