New Taco Bell logo

vikmurphy

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

I hear that. But when someone says "Let's grab some TB" I don't translate it as "Let's go get us some tuberculosis".

Maybe not you... I also don't think that Taco Bell would use TB or the Bell. Taco Bell is short enough. BK and DQ shorten it, but McDonald's and Subway don't. Neither does Chick-fil-A come to think of it. 

I really like that new bell. It was definitely time to get rid of that awful 90's color scheme...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

I like the simplicty of the bell, however the font doesn't work for me

1st impression: that's some bad LA Clippers font right there.

As for the logo, I think it's great.  I also think the outgoing one is great.  

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

The new font is just so god damn "professional."

It makes it seem like Taco Bell is a rival for Pacific Bell, not the up-late stoner's choice that the wilder font and colors inhabited.

That's certainly intentional, but it feels like they dont know what makes them strong as a brand....or they dont like it.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

And that iconic bell? It will soon start showing up alone (a la the famous Nike swoosh or the Target bullseye), without the Taco Bell name attached. “The bell is really in that rarified strata brand imagery,”

From Eater. Is the bell recognizable enough to stand alone?

8 hours ago, OMMF said:

From Eater. Is the bell recognizable enough to stand alone?

I think so. When I see the bell I think "Ooh, :censored:ty Mexican food that will leave me on the toilet for hours!", and I think that's how most people see it too. It's fairy recognizable.

22 hours ago, Cujo said:

I modernized throwback would've been nice -- ala what Subway just did.

Former_Taco_Bell_Logo.png

Instant fix: find a happy medium between this groovy-as-hell font and that uninspired "millennial" font that already looks generic and dated.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

14 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

I think so. When I see the bell I think "Ooh, :censored:ty Mexican food that will leave me on the toilet for hours!", and I think that's how most people see it too. It's fairy recognizable.

I think most people see it and think, "Cheap fast food that is filling and tastes decent enough." I've never once had a problem with Taco Bell, yet I've gotten sick from an "authentic" Mexican restaurant. :censored: can happen anywhere. The whole joke of "Taco Bell is gross and gives you the :censored:s" is tired, and is reaching Nickelback levels of ridiculousness. If people enjoy it, let them enjoy it.

spacer.png

5 hours ago, burgundy said:

I think most people see it and think, "Cheap fast food that is filling and tastes decent enough." I've never once had a problem with Taco Bell, yet I've gotten sick from an "authentic" Mexican restaurant. :censored: can happen anywhere. The whole joke of "Taco Bell is gross and gives you the :censored:s" is tired, and is reaching Nickelback levels of ridiculousness. If people enjoy it, let them enjoy it.

I'm glad you enjoy Taco Bell, but I don't. Every time I go I end up with a digestive issue.

Archived