New Detroit Lion Logo

Brett Jayroe

Use the top head, but ditch the black and dark blue. Add the silver where you have the honolulu blue in the mane and use the honolulu blue for the black and dark blue areas (tongue could be silver). Also switch the black for h. blue on the wordmark. Basically just use the h. blue, silve and white. The shapes all look good, but these changes (IMO) will make it a Detroit Lions concept.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

3 minutes ago, dsaline97 said:

Well, seeing as the first one isn't yours....

I guess the bottom. 

It's the same person :P

I actually prefer the second. But drop the black and use silver and use only Honolulu blue. 

The second is better because it would lend itself to uses beyond being just a logo IMO. i just dont see the first one on a helmet working all that well. Still though, the first one is great as a logo by itself. Amazing work overall, and I love the wordmark. I think the 2 blues are fine, I just dont care much for the black

18 hours ago, ~Bear said:

It's the same person :P

I actually prefer the second. But drop the black and use silver and use only Honolulu blue. 

Thanks for realizing its the same person. The Lions have black in their unis now. Thats why I am using black. If I replace the black w/ silver then it would blend w/ the silver in the face. how do I get around this?

16 hours ago, Htown1141 said:

The second is better because it would lend itself to uses beyond being just a logo IMO. i just dont see the first one on a helmet working all that well. Still though, the first one is great as a logo by itself. Amazing work overall, and I love the wordmark. I think the 2 blues are fine, I just dont care much for the black

Her are the logos on the helmet

helmet 4.jpg

helmet 5.jpg

14 minutes ago, Brett Jayroe said:

Look at the name I'ts me Brett Jayroe the same person.. I just recently modified the older one to try and improve it. which of the 2 perspectives is better.

Lol, my bad. They seemed like two stylistically different logos and that tipped me off a bit. I like the line work on the bottom and how much simpler it is, but the mane highlights are a step backward for me. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Brett Jayroe said:

Thanks for realizing its the same person. The Lions have black in their unis now. Thats why I am using black. If I replace the black w/ silver then it would blend w/ the silver in the face. how do I get around this?

Only because you asked (Im not stealing this image). Just a quick and sloppy re-color with the lions current colors and sans black.

Untitled.png

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

1 hour ago, dsaline97 said:

Lol, my bad. They seemed like two stylistically different logos and that tipped me off a bit. I like the line work on the bottom and how much simpler it is, but the mane highlights are a step backward for me. 

I am including image of recommendation you had of removing highlights(lt blue) in main. also I replaced  the black w/ dark blue and modified the eye as well. what you think?

lion e.jpg

lion e3.jpg

1 hour ago, GFB said:

Ok, we're getting a little too close to some other existing logos... like this is some strange frankenstein-composite of all these logos mashed together.

LoyolaMarymountColor.jpg

f0e5532db1ec859a264676cc3be7e8cf.png

LionsLogo123009.png

A lion is a lion I guess there will be similarities thanks for the accusations.. What of the 2 I did do you prefer was the question , not accusing me of ripping off other logos. In all honesty you could say the same of those examples that they ripped each other off

Archived