mgdmhl

I love watching college football and I like to see how teams change their uniforms over the years. Most of those changes have been for the better but there's still some that changed for the worse or have just always been bad. In this thread I'm not going to do redesign every team's uniform. I'm only going to redesign FBS teams that I thought have bad uniforms or could use some slight changes (which is around 30 teams). I'll try to give some type of explanation for teams I didn't change at some point too. I'm not going to post these in a specific order. And just because I post only a home, away, and alternate uniform that doesn't meant helmet, jerseys, and pants can't be mixed around.

Teams I have done: Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Fresno State, Georgia Tech, Hawaii, Houston, Indiana, Kansas, Louisville, Nevada, Northern Illinois, Oregon State, TCU, Tulsa, Wisconsin, Western Michigan

Teams I plan on doing: UCLA, Arkansas State, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Louisiana-Monroe, Louisiana-Lafayette, Bowling Green, Southern Miss, North Carolina State, East Carolina, Texas-San Antonio, Texas-El Paso, UAB, North Texas, Charlotte, Akron, Kent State

On to the concepts...

Central Michigan Chippewas (current uniform)

Home Uniform:

IMG_4734.JPG

Away Uniform:

IMG_4735.JPG

Alternate Uniform:

IMG_4736.JPG

-Normal glossy helmets

-Unique pattern on shoulders and pants. The pattern might be a little too much, but I'd rather see a team try something different than use a similar template than other Adidas schools.

-Added "Chippewas"/"Central Michigan" to front of jersey

Up Next: EMU

JeKhnr9.png

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eastern Michigan Eagles (current uniform)

Home Uniform:

IMG_4737.JPG

Away Uniform:

IMG_4738.JPG

Alternate Uniform:

IMG_4739.JPG

-Before you freak out about the black alternate let me explain. It's meant to be like other Adidas 'Uncaged' uniforms (like Louisville last year). I won't say I loved the 'Uncaged' uniforms Adidas has previously done, but it is interesting and nice to change things up a bit.  

-Got rid of all the diamond plate and silver

-Added "Speed Stripe" to home and away uniforms

-Green helmet is satin. White and Black helmets are glossy.

Up Next: Fresno State

JeKhnr9.png

Not digging the real eagle on the helmet at all, if you could make a digitized version that would be a major step up. I'm liking the start though!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

2 hours ago, infernoqueso said:

These are absolutely gorgeous. Just outstanding execution for both.  They are the perfect balance out traditional and trendy.  only suggestion is to give the black pants some detail.  

1 hour ago, ahowe6464 said:

I agree with @infernoqueso, everything is amazing except for the black pants.

The focus of the alternate uniform wasn't really meant to be on the pants. It was more to be on the helmet and shoulders. That's why the black pants are kind of bland.

1 hour ago, Bruins said:

Not digging the real eagle on the helmet at all, if you could make a digitized version that would be a major step up. I'm liking the start though!

The Adidas 'Uncaged' helmets are more realistic (with a demonized twist) than standard logos/graphics on helmets, so that why it's like that. What do you mean by digitized version? They don't have an eagle logo anymore, so I can't add that unless I make my own (which I can't because I'm not good with creating logos yet).

JeKhnr9.png

22 minutes ago, mgdmhl said:

The Adidas 'Uncaged' helmets are more realistic (with a demonized twist) than standard logos/graphics on helmets, so that why it's like that. What do you mean by digitized version? They don't have an eagle logo anymore, so I can't add that unless I make my own (which I can't because I'm not good with creating logos yet).

I would either bring back their old eagle logo or just ditch it altogether, because right now it feels kind of clip arty

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Fresno State Bulldogs (current uniform)

Home Uniform:

IMG_4740.JPG

Away Uniform:

IMG_4741.JPG

Alternate Uniform:

IMG_4742.JPG

-Got rid of all the Miami Hurricanes' Dade Bold font

-Dots on neck collar represent the spikes on the collar on their bulldog logo

-Added interlocking "F" and "S" logo to sleeve

-Added "V" logo underneath collar to somewhat look like the dog tag in the logo

-Changed helmet stripe and changed helmet logo to only the head of the bulldog (instead of the full body) 

Up Next: Georgia Tech

JeKhnr9.png

Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (current uniform)

Home Uniform:

IMG_4743.JPG

Away Uniform:

IMG_4744.JPG

Alternate Uniform:

IMG_4745.JPG

-Didn't have Russell Athletic template so I used Under Armour instead. Rumors are that GT is most likely to switch to UA once Russell contract is up.

-Yes the white jersey is part of the home uniform (GT and LSU are the only schools that do that)

-Added "Ramblin' Wreck" to front of pant leg (seems to be UA's latest uniform trend)

-Both helmets are glosssy. White helmet has subtle honeycomb pattern

Up Next: Hawaii

JeKhnr9.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hawaii Rainbow Warriors (current uniform)

Home Uniform:

IMG_4746.JPG

Away Uniform:

IMG_4747.JPG

Alternate Uniform:

IMG_4748.JPG

-Got rid of wordmark on pants and subtle patterns/logos on uniform

-Changed tribal pattern on uniform

-White and green helmets are glossy. Black helmet is matte with chrome decals and facemask.

-They are called the 'Rainbow Warriors' so it only makes sense to have a rainbow on at least one of the uniforms.

Up Next: Houston

JeKhnr9.png

The alternate jersey is what really makes me love this set, and I think you embodied Hawaii really well here. Stunning. I have no critiques, excellent excellent job

Lz5f6vZ.png

Archived