Updates & Overhauls (Wave 2; Pt. 2)

Bruins

I was originally going to spread these across separate threads, but I decided to catologue them all in one place. This is my first real attempt at multiple logo redesigns, but I really want to perfect my craft when it comes to logos, so I wanted to take this on. I will be posting in waves of five updates & overhauls (Slightly more of the former), usually doing multiple sports in most waves, but I might also do concept waves of Five Baseball, Hockey, New York Teams, etc. Suggestions are allowed, but I might not get to every one immediately. So let's start with an update of a logo that I love purely for the fact that it's bad, the vintage Denver Nuggets miner logo.

BEFORE

image.gif

AFTER

image.jpeg

WAVE 1

Basketball • Denver Nuggets Miner Update

Baseball • Vintage Baltimore Oriole Update

College • Northwestern Overhaul

Hockey • Indy Fuel Overhaul

Baseball • Brewers Ball in Glove Update

WAVE 2

Hockey • Vintage Bruins Bear Logo Update

Football • 90's Philadelphia Eagle Update

Hockey • Royals Baseball Man Update

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next up, an update of the vintage Baltimore Oriole logo circa mid-50s to mid-60s. I actually like this logo a lot, but I did my best to refresh and modernize it, because it is extremely dated. 

BEFORE

image.gif

AFTER

image.jpeg

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

My first overhaul is of a college who I think has one of the worst logo sets of all major NCAA teams, Northwestern. I honestly have never even moderately liked one of their logos in almost 60 years. So, I wanted to improve their logo set while willing to keep their color scheme and overall theme, because execution is really their problem. So I kept the N as their main logo while making it a little sleeker and adding cat scratches to the northwest corner. I also redid their wildcat because that thing is currently a geometrical disaster, and added piercing purple eyes and NW initials to the cheeks.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Lz5f6vZ.png

The Nuggets pix axe man logo is great except for the shoes. The contrast in dimensions is off. The body is 3-d but the shoes are 2-d, lacking in definition. You should update that.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Sorry for the delay between posts, and my next project WILL be fixing the miners shoes because I can absolutely see the problem there, but next up is the last overhaul of Wave 1, the ECHL's Indy Fuel. I actually really like the name and thought behind the Fuel, but there logo basically says nothing, consisting of just a puck and Fuel in a 'flame' font. Boring. And paying no attention to Indy's rich racing history the team's named after. So I started by reducing the color scheme to just black, white, and some red and going with a logo more focused on racing. The main logo is a more jersey friendly circle with Indy Fuel Hockey Club written above a Formula 1 race car. The car has an accent that represents a hockey stick along with a wheel that functions as a puck. The alternate logo is an all black and white circle with crossed hockey sticks/checkered flags and a puck/tire.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Lz5f6vZ.png

On 11/23/2016 at 2:50 PM, Bruins said:

My first overhaul is of a college who I think has one of the worst logo sets of all major NCAA teams, Northwestern. I honestly have never even moderately liked one of their logos in almost 60 years. So, I wanted to improve their logo set while willing to keep their color scheme and overall theme, because execution is really their problem. So I kept the N as their main logo while making it a little sleeker and adding cat scratches to the northwest corner. I also redid their wildcat because that thing is currently a geometrical disaster, and added piercing purple eyes and NW initials to the cheeks.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I'd say make the whiskers into claw marks, and change the eyes to white. Besides that it looks ready to be merchandised. Nice work!

Made minor change to shoes, but I think it's a big improvement and goes better with the rest of the logo. Thanks for the critique guys!

image.jpeg

Lz5f6vZ.png

Wow, thats brilliant! I might eventually end up doing both, but i think ill do the Bruins first because that seems especially intriguing to me.

Lz5f6vZ.png

Archived