Vegas Golden Knights concept

habsfan1

Looks way too similar to Vancouver's 'Flying V.'  I like the use of red and the decision to go with a 'slate' base but I can't take the striping configuration seriously.  A shoulder-to-sleeve yoke might be a winning route.  Maybe with some similar hem stripes.

2 hours ago, Morgo said:

Looks way too similar to Vancouver's 'Flying V.'  I like the use of red and the decision to go with a 'slate' base but I can't take the striping configuration seriously.  A shoulder-to-sleeve yoke might be a winning route.  Maybe with some similar hem stripes.

I read somewhere that the team has or is considering something similar to the Canucks Flying V. That's actually where I got the inspiration from. So with that and the new Vegas color scheme, this is an attempt at putting the pieces together to make something that could work as a whole.

If I got your point correctly, basically ditch the V, right? Yesterday when they announced they're going with primarely grey, I mocked up a few roughs and posted them in the Vegas hockey thread. There are no Flying V's on either of those. A couple of more standard striping patterns, if traditional is a better preference.

I'd swap the grey and black. Make the main body grey, giving the side gussets a more natural darker shade that will help blend into the pants better. Also, the primary mark being on a grey background helps keep the shield behind the helmet from disappearing into the blackness.

Certainly easy to favour the more traditional update but I have to say, I like your revision of the original concept.  It's fresh, unique and achieves the same outcome without directly ripping off Vancouver.  I'd like to see a full set based off either option.

Archived