Vancouver Canucks Concept

jlevesque

I get your trying to go for a classic look but it's really simple. I'd use Johnny Canuck as the primary and the primary you currently have as a shoulder patch. Also the stripping doesn't match on the jerseys. I'd invert the blue for white on the home. 

A suggestion, I think a green alternate or a throwback would be cool. 

13 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

I get your trying to go for a classic look but it's really simple. I'd use Johnny Canuck as the primary and the primary you currently have as a shoulder patch. Also the stripping doesn't match on the jerseys. I'd invert the blue for white on the home. 

A suggestion, I think a green alternate or a throwback would be cool. 

I think the simplicity of the logo works with the simplicity of a majority of logos in the rest of the league, but I will probably use Johnny Canuck as the shoulder patch. The striping is intentionally inconsistent (it's a nod to their very first home jersey) however I will change that because after I posted it, I looked at it some more and came up with a different pattern. Throwback is on the way. Thanks for your input. 

I know this is a throwback (or at least close) to the Canucks' original jerseys, but those blue jerseys simply didn't work. The stripes blend together and get washed out, as if they aren't even there. There's a reason why, even though the blue and green are so loved, that those have never been used as a throwback. Take a look for yourself:

b4f062fc4cdb528eab72934eb80bf3b9.jpgschmautz.jpg58fa2b19fe6e40504897a4fa9b2bd618.jpghockey71.jpg

So the white works, but the blue doesn't. Take the lesson from history and make sure that blue and green don't touch. Idk how common the phrase is, but I've heard a fashion mnemonic device, "blue and green should not be seen without a color in-between." Follow that guidance and you'll have a perfect concept. 

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived