NAPL - Fictional soccer league

Niiklaz

I started a project and thought I might share it. The goal here isn´t to have a great, in depth storyline, but to progress through the years fairly quickly and make a lot of designs along the way. I will make the season summaries short and simple, especially in the beginning.

Background story
The year is 1930 and soccer is increasing in popularity, especially in the east. A new league is created with the goal of becoming the major soccer league in the eastern parts of the US and Canada, and maybe even more. The league is given the name North American Premier League, NAPL for short.

4 teams, 3 american and 1 canadian, starts of the inaugural season.
alla lag 1.jpg
1930 - results
1. FC New York
2. Philadelphia Brothers
3. Detroit Nationals
4. Toronto FC

-Columbus AC(Athletic club) joins NAPL
Columbus kit 1 visa 1.jpg
1931 - results
1. Toronto FC
2. Philadelphia Brothers
3. FC New York
4. Detroit Nationals
5. Columbus AC

-Toronto turn things around and win after getting last place last season
-Philadelphia keeps going strong, 2nd place 2 years in a row
-Columbus has a rough first year, placing last

-The league remain unchanged, starting up the third season. Despite this, the representatives for the league said that they were still looking for opportunities to expand

1932 - results
1. Philadelphia Brothers
2. FC New York
3. Toronto FC
4. Detroit Nationals
5. Columbus AC

-Philadelphia, the most consistent team in the league, wins their first ever league title after placing 2nd the two previous seasons
-Detroit are still struggling, placing right above last .lace for 3 straight seasons
-Columbus faces another tough year, getting last place again after stuggling to acclamitize to the new league

-The leauge representatives are happy to announce that the league will expand further, both west inwards american land and northeast up in Canada. The two teams that are joining Chicago FC and Montreal Saints
m o c.jpg
1933 - results
1. Toronto FC
2. FC New York
3. Detroit Nationals
4. Philadelphia Brothers
5. Columbus AC
6. Montreal Saints
7. Chicago FC

-After jojo-ing up and down the League table, Toronto FC becomes the first team to claim the title for the second time
-FC New York keeps on impressing, placing in the top 2 spot for the third time in 4 years
-Detroit finally leaves the bottom of the table, placing in the middle. Something to work in
-The newcomers ends up in last and second place, showing the quality of the league

6 hours ago, Uglybus said:

Looking great so far! How are you simulating this?

Thanks! I've created a simple simulator in excel. Based on each teams stats(0-99) the league table is randomly generated with the better teams having a higher chance of ending up in the top

I've been working on a 60-team, 3-tiered league named the North American Premier League for a little over a year now and I've just been waiting for someone else to come out with a concept of the same name. I do like that you started so early and that the uniforms really reflect that time. Look forward to following this along the way.

1 hour ago, MDTrey4 said:

I've been working on a 60-team, 3-tiered league named the North American Premier League for a little over a year now and I've just been waiting for someone else to come out with a concept of the same name. I do like that you started so early and that the uniforms really reflect that time. Look forward to following this along the way.

Thank you!

Have you posted your league somewhere? It sounds interesting

-No expansion before this season as the board isn´t yet certain on how they want to develope the League

1934 - results
1. Toronto FC
2. Philadelphia Brothers
3. Columbus AC
4. Montreal Saints
5. Detroit Nationals
6. FC New York
7. Chicago FC

-Last season they became the first team to have won two league titles. This season, Toronto FC becomes the first team in NAPL history to win 2 consecutive league titles
-Columbus AC has their best season yet in the league, leaving the bottom of the table for the first time and instead placing 3rd
-The newcomer from Montreal makes a decent second season, ending up in the middle of the table while the other newcomer, Chicago FC, remains dead last
-FC New York has their worst season yet and falls down to the second last place

On 11/28/2016 at 11:46 AM, Niiklaz said:

Thank you!

Have you posted your league somewhere? It sounds interesting

I haven't posted it anywhere yet. I'm waiting until I finish so it doesn't become one of those dead threads that never gets updated. I'm about 30-40 teams in right now so it's still a long time away

4 hours ago, RedfieldNick said:

This is cool, chalk up one more follower!

When will clash jerseys come to fruition? Because Toronto-Montreal is hard to tell who's who.

Awesome!

Away jerseys will be used in a season or so as some teams clash with each other

-The leagues takes a big step a continues the expansion inwards american and shows that the NAPL is serious about becoming a major League. Queen City, from Charlotte joins the NAPL
Queen kit 1 visa.jpg
-Queen City´s logo and jersey
Toronto kit 2 visa.jpg
-Toronto FC starts using an away jersey

1935 - results
1. Philadelphia Brothers
2. Toronto FC
3. Detroit Nationals
4. Queen City
5. FC New York
6. Montreal Saints
7. Columbus AC
8. Chicago FC

-Philadelphia fights Toronto for the title once again. This time, Philadelphia ends up on top, winning their second title
-Detroit Nationals who has a top team on paper but has been struggling for most of the seasons, has a good season and gets a respectable third Place finish
-Queen City who pretty high expectations on them, finishes in the middle of the table, the best result a newcomer has ever had in their first season in the NAPL
-FC New York with Another dissapointing season
-Columbus finds their way back to the bottom of the table while Chicago is once again dead last

-The League remains intact this season but theres rumours about some big changes to the league before the end of this decade
FC New York kit 2 visa.jpg
FC New York starts using a blue away jersey. Adds their logo to both of the jerseys

1936 - results
1. Toronto FC
2. Columbus AC
3. Queen City
4. Philadelphia Brothers
5. Detroit Nationals
6. Montreal Saints
7. Chicago FC
8. FC New York

-Toronto steals the title back from the defending champions Philadelphia Brothers. They have now won 4 titles in 6 years. The first dynasty in NAPL´s history is formed
-Columbus AC suprises big with their best ever season yet, snagging the 2nd Place
-Queen City show they are here to stay, gets a top 3 finish
-Chicago doesn´t end up last for the first time, instead FC New York does. Are their days as a top team over?

10 hours ago, BigRed618 said:

I like the big cross on Charlotte's jersey. I wonder if any real teams do that on a regular basis. I know AC Milan had a white jersey with a big red cross on it briefly, but that's the only real life example I can think of.

I know a few teams that has had a cross on their jersey for a season or so but i´ve never seen the X shape on a jersey. Would be cool though!

6 hours ago, bmorenick5 said:

How did you use excel for the simulations?

Each team has stats(0-99). I take the overall stat, eg 64, and do this; (64^10/100000000000000000)=11,5. Let´s say the second team gets 6. Add them together and we get 17,5. I have a random number generator that generates numbers between 0 and, in this example 17,5. If a number between 0 and 11,5 gets generated team 1 places first, if it´s between 11,5 and 17,5 team 2 wins etc.
I hope that makes sense lol

-From Tennessee comes Sporting Nashville and joins the NAPL
Nashville visa.jpg

1937 - results
1. Toronto FC
2. Columbus AC
3. Montreal Saints
4. Philadelphia Brothers
5. Sporting Nashville
6. Detroit Nationals
7. Queen City
8. FC New York
9. Chicago FC

-The Winner, Toronto, and the runner up, Chicago, remains intact for another season. Has Columbus established themselves as a top team?
-Montreal Sains gets their best finish yet, 3rd Place
-Sporting Nashville ends up in the middle of the table as expected by many
-Queen city suprises in a bad way and gets a bottom 3 Place for the first time in their NAPL history

Archived