NAPL - Fictional soccer league

Niiklaz

-No changes to the league before the season but the board of the NAPL made it clear that they had big plans for the currently fastest growing soccer league in North America
Detroit visa.jpg
Detroit Nationals adds their logo to their jersey, a big letter D

1938 - results
1. Sporting Nashville
2. Philadelphia Brothers
3. Columbus AC
4. Queen City
5. Toronto FC
6. FC New York
7. Detroit Nationals
8. Chicago FC
9. Montreal Saints

-In their second season in the NAPL, Sporting Nashville, wins the title in impressive very manner. It will be interesting to see if they can keep up the success
-Philadelphia back in the title race while Columbus has more or less established themselves as a top team
-Queen city jumps back to the upper half of the League table after last seasons dissapointing results
-Maybe the biggest suprise this season isn´t that Toronto lost the title race, they wasn´t even in it. Will they jump back on their winning train or are their dominating days over?
-FC New York takes a step in the right direction while Montreal Saints falls all the way down to last place

-This season will be known for being the season with the first big expansion in the NAPL´s history. 3 teams, from down south in Texas to up north in Manitoba, joined the league all at once.
3 lag visa.jpg
Winnipeg White Stars, Houston Heroes and Oklahoma City FC

1939 - results
1. Montreal Saints
2. Chicago FC
3. Toronto FC
4. Sporting Nashville
5. Detroit Nationals
6. FC New York
7. Houston Heroes
8. Columbus AC
9. Queen City
10. Philadelphia Brothers
11. Winnipeg White Stars
12. Oklahoma City FC

-The most unexpected season in the history of the league, with the league table almost looking upside down. Last seasons two worst teams ends up on top while Philadelphia and Columbus find themselves at the bottom
-Toronto FC back in the top 3 with last seasons winner, Sporting Nashville, not far behind
-The newcomer, Houston Heroes, has an ok first season while the other two struggles, ending up last
-After such an upset in the league the fans are very interested to see what´s going to happen next

5 hours ago, New York's Greatest said:

Strange how majority of the champions have been Canadian teams

Interesting. I haven't really thought about it. But if you take away Toronto's wins, there's only one Canadian winner in 6 years

As a proud Charlottean I love the concept for Queen City, already a fan of the home team, the crossed sash is a great nod to the city flag. And Green with the Crown is just...Charlotte. Great work overall but definitely my favorite.

6 hours ago, qckgnc said:

As a proud Charlottean I love the concept for Queen City, already a fan of the home team, the crossed sash is a great nod to the city flag. And Green with the Crown is just...Charlotte. Great work overall but definitely my favorite.

Thank you, I'm glad you like it!

3 hours ago, eick74 said:

The font used for OKCFC seems out of place for 1939. Looks like it would be a fit for a modern team but don't think that font came about until either the late 70s or early 80s.

I tried to go with something modern for that for that time age but I guess you're right,  it's a bit too modern

-No changes to the league before the season but it´s revealed that some big changes are going to happen very soon. Even bigger than the last, major expansion
Detroit Nationals kit 3 visa.jpg
Detroit Nationals adjusts the red color and adds an away jersey
Philadelphia kit 2 visa.jpg
Philadelphia Brothers also gets an away jersey

1940 - results
1. Sporting Nashville
2. Philadelphia Brothers
3. Toronto FC
4. Queen City
5. Montreal Saints
6. Houston Heroes
7. Detroit Nationals
8. Winnipeg White Stars
9. FC New York
10. Oklahoma City FC
11. Columbus AC
12. Chicago FC

-Sporting Nashville jumps back from 4th Place to first Place again, winning their second NAPL title, just in 3 years
-back to the top 4 after last seasons wierd outcome is Philadelphia Brothers and Queen City
-Houston Heroes, on of the three newest additions to the league, gets a mid table finish while the other two, Oklahoma City FC and Winnipeg White Stars ends up in bottom half of the table
-Last seasons positive suprises, Columbus and Chicago finds their way back to their familiar bottom places

Archived