Adidas Universal Soccer Template (In Stand-By)

Victormrey

Inspired by the Nike "universal" 3rd kits (using what later would be the Challenge template in 2014/15 and the Laser III template 2015/16), I decided to create an universal template for the third/alternate kits of some clubs currently sponsored by Adidas.

Adidas Global Template Banner.png

Given the current Adidas trend to recover retro designs for their latest football kits (Germany and Russia) I'll be going for a retro style as well, using the pattern from the Arsenal "Bruised Banana" shirt.

This is the design I'll be using as base:

Adidas Global Template Base.png

And this is the list of the clubs I'll be doing (for the moment):

• AC Milan
  • AFC Ajax
  • FC Bayern Munich
  • FC Shalke 04
  • Juventus FC
  • Manchester United FC
  • Olympique de Marseille
  • Olympique Lyon
  • Real Madrid CF
  • Valencia CF

For some teams I'll be using their traditional colours, and for others I'll use new colour schemes.

I'll start uploading the designs tomorrow.

Let's start the series with AC Milan.

For the Rossoneri I decided to use grey as main colour. Their latest third kits have used crazy colour, and I wanted to go for something more tradtional yet different. The design is inspired by the 2003/04 3rd kit, giving more importance to the black colour and keeping the red for two of the three Adidas stripes. The kit also features black shorts and grey socks in order to create a balanced look.

Adidas Global Template Milan.png

C&C appreciated!

Next team is Real Madrid (no I won't be posting the designs in alphabetical order).

As a Real Madrid fan I wanted to go for colour scheme which combines tradition and modernity, that's why I've used mid-blue as main colour (which was predominantly used from the late 80's to the mid 90's) with white details, and electric blue as secondary colour.

Adidas Global Template Real Madrid.png

14 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Since adidas and Nike have gone to using one design for their third kits it has precedence. You may want to add other elements over the pattern though.

Nice idea. I'll be doing Ajax with their traditional central stripe, for example. I'll think in other options for the rest of the clubs.

49 minutes ago, kerlonmoura said:

I think it would be better if you could do different patterns for different teams

I think you're right. I should go for different 80's and 90's patterns instead of using the same design for every kit.

I'll leave these concepts in stand by until I come up with a bunch of good patterns. Meanwhile, I'll be doing a different series.

Archived