Minnesota State High School League Logo updates/concepts

kjella47

For this thread I'll be posting my own concepts or redesigns of Minnesota High School Logos. I'll be starting with the South Suburban Conference.

(I'm still relatively new to designing logos so I'll often base my designs off of other logos just letting everyone know. I'm not trying to steal other peoples work, just using their logos as a base)

Apple Valley

Old Logo:

av.jpg

New Logo:

apple valley.jpg

For the Eagles I tried to update their identity from BC rip offs to something unique.

Burnsville

Old Logo: blaze1.jpg

New Logo:blaze.jpg

For the Blaze I tried to get rid of the full Script logo while still showing who they are, I modified the Bloomington Blaze logo and changed the colors to match.

Let me know what you think

next up are Eagan and Eastview

Next up we've got the Eagan Wildcats and Eastview Lightning.

Eagan

Old Logo:

wildcats.png

New Logo:

wildcat.jpg

For Eagan I was tired of them never really having their own identity, they use a recolored Kansas State for most sports but also use other cat logos such as a florida panther rip off for hockey, so I decided to make a logo with a fierce cat using their colors and a hidden 'E' for Eagan in the hair.

Eastview

Old Logo:

eastview.png

New Logo:

ev.jpg

Eastview has one of the worst logos in Minnesota IMO, its way too cluttered and the gradient just ruins it. I tried to make something fairly simple by using 'EV' with a lightning bolt in the negative space.

Let me know what you think!

Next up (I'm going a little out of order, oh well) are Farmington and Prior Lake

4 hours ago, kjella47 said:

For Eagan I was tired of them never really having their own identity, they use a recolored Kansas State for most sports but also use other cat logos such as a florida panther rip off for hockey, so I decided to make a logo with a fierce cat using their colors and a hidden 'E' for Eagan in the hair.

It is a little hypocritical to complain about the logos Eagan uses, and then slightly modify and recolor Montana State's mark. I like that you want to redesign these identities, but take your time. Do some design research, make a rough draft, post it for help in improving it, and refine it. You will be happier with the outcome.

52f0d00eebfc639738cf9ef4c7a0b1a2.jpg

Eastview is brilliant! I love the bolt in the V not too subtle, not too much. Eagan is a big improvement, but I feel like the E kinda gets lost being reversed. Great work overall!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

I'll be making updates to Eagan soon. For now here are Farmington and Prior Lake

Farmington

tigers.jpg

Farmington uses the Clemson paw with 'Tigers' through it, my design is a front facing tiger with a 'F' in the striping pattern, I know that i need to fix up the eye area but don't know exactly how to fix it.

Prior Lake

lakers.jpg

This is probably my most basic logo, a simple ship wheel and anchor with 'PL' in it replaces the generic sword flag. (Never understood why they use a sword being the lakers)

Up next are Lakeville North and South

The lakers are good, although i would fix the bottom of the A as it looks kind of bumpy, and I'm not sure why the top of the anchor looks like a pen. The farmington tiger seems sleepy to me, which is not a look you want in a college logo. Make it fiercer, and its a solid design.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

On Monday, November 28, 2016 at 10:37 PM, kjella47 said:

Next up we've got the Eagan Wildcats and Eastview Lightning.

Eagan

Old Logo:

wildcats.png

New Logo:

wildcat.jpg

Eastview

Old Logo:

eastview.png

New Logo:

ev.jpg

Eastview has one of the worst logos in Minnesota IMO, its way too cluttered and the gradient just ruins it. I tried to make something fairly simple by using 'EV' with a lightning bolt in the negative space.

Next up (I'm going a little out of order, oh well) are Farmington and Prior Lake

You wrote "LIGHTING"

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Archived