garreed

2017 Jimmie Johnson "Legendary" scheme. This car is Metallic Blue with Gold door numbers, sponsor decals and stripes. This is my second scheme I am trying to actually get on a car. I would like to see this run at the 2017 Daytona 500. (So far no luck contacting Hendrick Motorsports)

2017JimmieJohnsonLegendaryCar.png

1 hour ago, garreed said:

2017 Jimmie Johnson "Legendary" scheme. This car is Metallic Blue with Gold door numbers, sponsor decals and stripes. This is my second scheme I am trying to actually get on a car. I would like to see this run at the 2017 Daytona 500. (So far no luck contacting Hendrick Motorsports)

2017JimmieJohnsonLegendaryCar.png

I'd like to see what the hood, roof, trunk lid, and rear of the car look like.

That said, the side looks nice. If you want to get it on a car, you may have slightly better luck contacting the sponsor, Lowe's. They're likely the ones that design the car, since it's a marketing vehicle for their brand.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

It never hurts to try, but it's practically impossible for something like that to happen. Hendrick has in house designers of their schemes and it takes them working with their sponsors to work out scheme details. It's hard enough to get them to actually acknowledge you exist, I've tried before. You almost have to start small and work with little teams before you can reach a level that high. But I commend you for trying as it's not a bad scheme.

17 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

I'd like to see what the hood, roof, trunk lid, and rear of the car look like.

That said, the side looks nice. If you want to get it on a car, you may have slightly better luck contacting the sponsor, Lowe's. They're likely the ones that design the car, since it's a marketing vehicle for their brand.

I am trying to get ahold of a new template that allows me to design all angles of the car. The Decal Source has some very nice templates and I'm trying to get ahold of them to see if they will release them to me. 

24 minutes ago, Rocky Top said:

You should make this a series and do a concept for every driver 

I've made several paint schemes for multiple drivers on my Instagram, you should check them out. My Instagram is @garreed 

14 minutes ago, cjm3114jr said:

Have you gotten any of your concepts on a car yet?

As of yet, no. I've tried contacting Hendrick Motorsports and Richard Childress Racing but they will not respond to my emails 

I love the design, but good luck getting ahold of Hendrick if you have no experience outside of your Instagram concepts.

Usually they pay a pretty penny for the likes of Sam Bass to design the paint schemes. I know he made several for Jeff Gordon over the years.

Again, love the design. 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Go for the low buck teams.  You will probably do more concepts for sponsorship proposals than you will want and may never see a car on the track.  I got into designing cars in the then Busch series by emailing a bunch of small teams, mostly without sponsorship. I ended up helping a guy for many years, which opened the doors for several other opportunities. I probably designed 200 cars for proposals and saw 4 of them race.  I ended up having I think 19 cars that ran in either trucks, Busch/Nationwide series at the time.  I would also start with the truck series and xfinity.  Some of the lower buck cup teams may be interested.  Having the opportunity to render  3d cars is a plus as well. 

Archived