infrared41's Best and Worst 2016 - NFL Week 12

infrared41

2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

They go so well together that Falcons/Cardinals games often look like intrasquad scrimmages! 

true story. im a fan of both uniforms, but i had real trouble watching just the highlights of this game. the teams were harder to differentiate from one another than most. this was the perfect game for the Falcons to wear that black alternate (or maybe even the fauxback) they had up until a handful of years ago. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

4 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

pretty easy pick for number one this week, eh? :) (but seriously, that Colts/Steelers is a tough one to beat IMO).

those pics dont quite do the uniforms justice though; the below are better. yet, they don't do the uniforms true justice either. i didn't get to see them with my own eyes during the Bills game, but i made a point to watch the guys walk out to the field sunday. for all the flaws with the logo and 3 different stripe patterns, it is truly one of the all time great NFL uniforms.

Very easy pick for number one this week. It was games 2 thru 6 that gave me fits. I swear I must have changed the order at least 5 times as I was putting together the post. It was a tough one to put together. If I did that best list every day this week, I'd end up with a different 2-6 every day. B)

With regard to the pictures from 49ers - Dolphins, if possible, I always use a picture of both teams for the lists. As you can see, I had a tough time finding a good shot featuring both teams. So yeah, I agree that my pictures didn't do the Dolphins throwbacks justice, but the shots I used were the best shots with both teams that I could find. It was frustrating. I miss the old Sports Illustrated website. I used to get all the pictures for the lists at SI.com. Every game recap had at least 20-30 really good pictures.  That disappeared when SI did the big makeover on the website. 

BB52Big.jpg

On 11/29/2016 at 9:26 PM, infrared41 said:

2. Cardinals - Falcons: Ladies and Gentlemen, your PYPs game of the week. The sooner these two teams dump these awful looks, the better. Whole lotta ugly going on here too. 

MCyGTiZ.jpg

This is everything wrong about mid-2000s uniforms in one picture.

On 11/29/2016 at 9:26 PM, infrared41 said:

3. Seahawks - Buccaneers: Ladies and Gentlemen, your contributory negligence game of the week. Tampa Bay carries 85% of the blame in this one. Seattle's white over gray combo isn't a bad look, but it's not good enough to overcome being matched up with this God-awful Bucs combo. 

CLPnPFO.jpg

And this is everything wrong about mid-2010s uniforms in one picture.

Incredible week otherwise, though. You'd be hardpressed to beat out Steelers/Colts as one of my favorite matchups, but that amazing Niners/Dolphins matchup just might have. If the Fins don't come to their senses and make that throwback their full-time home uniform...

(One other thing I love about that Dolphins throwback: it shows that you can indeed make great looking sleeve stripes on a modern uniform template. Take notes, Niners!)

On 11/29/2016 at 8:26 PM, infrared41 said:

Worst:

Close, but no cigar...

Rams - Saints: Is this the first time the Saints have worn the black over gold this season? This wasn't a bad looking game, but the Rams blue pants kept it from being a contender for the best list. The match up looked...clunky? I guess? Whatever the case, it didn't work. 

8d5FU9y.jpg

These should return,

Image result for new orleans saints throwbacks

Image result for los angeles rams throwbacks

On 11/30/2016 at 11:07 AM, DeFrank said:

It's not the first time! This was unusual because the Cowboys wore their normal blue jerseys. Typically when they've played the Redskins they wear their throwbacks. In 2002 it was color on color... on at least two other occasions they wore blue and Washington wore white.

Image result for dallas cowboys and washington redskins 1994

Back in week 5 of October 2nd, 1994 when they wore this.

On 12/2/2016 at 2:33 AM, phutmasterflex said:

^ Is that just about Cowboys home games or just the Cowboys vs Redskins matchups every year?

My original question asked if the 2016 Thanksgiving game was the first time the Cowboys had ever worn the regular blue road jerseys at home against Washington.  

BB52Big.jpg

Archived