449 posts in this topic

#TeamBillies

I really like the primary logo!

I'm gonna be the odd man out here and go with #TeamGrays

I'm going with #TeamGrays

I know it's way after the time for major design changes, but for the Grays, what if the ruff is actually in the shape of the mountain you use for the Billies belly?  But in negative.  And instead of the wolf just being calm, he's howling.  This allows for the wolf head to rotate counter-clockwise slightly to accommodate a more horizontal mountain-ruff.  Just a thought.  (edited to add:  You could actually just continue directly from the wordmark to incorporate the howling idea I suggested, with the mountains informing the shape of the ruff.)

The Billies is a unique-ish identity and you have an interesting approach to it.  The Grays are another wolf identity of which there are dozens, and comparatively, your take on it, while solid, isn't breaking any new ground.   This is why I'm all-in on the Billies right now.  

@darkpiranha

All very good suggestions dp.

The biggest reason that I didn't go with a "Howler" is the fact that Grand Rapids already claimed the Howling Coyote.

As you stated, there's so many angry wolf logos out there. That's why I went with a friendly approach for this one. It's also why I opted for Grays instead of other over-used monikers.

Billies is minor league to the core.  No question.

All team reveals are complete. Moving forward, I will do a self-critique of all team identities.

Some will stay and some will be tweaked. Final team slicks will begin to roll out soon.

The goal is to get NFL 2 through it's inaugural season and establish NFL 3.

Much more to come.

Thanks for following along.