Chicago Fire Logo Concept

VitorioArts

Hey Guys!

It has been awhile since I've put up a concept, so here we go. This is a concept for the MLS Chicago Fire. I tried to make it more modern so it can fit with the new "feel" of the MLS. I kept a few touches from the old logo and some from around the MLS. I hope you guys like this one! C&C Welcome!

FIRElogo_zpsqv207eu9.jpg

Thanks!

I really like the crazy-skewed wordmark, and how the banner integrates into the top of the crest. The whole thing is well-balanced and certainly would fit in with the newest looks throughout the league.

That being said, I'd love to see an evolution of their current crest, keeping the fire brigade badge idea intact, rather than scrapping it altogether. 

With the caveat that this is an exercise and I'd argue that Chicago Fire's current logo is the only thing about that team that doesn't need to be scrapped and started over: I like this! Your wordmark treatment is fantastic and the way the top of the badge calls out the Chicago star is clever and subtle. I don't love the fire-ball motif but that's my only real complaint.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived