2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

First real leak and it's better than Conrad's mockup since the stars are smaller. Also looks like there are sublimated stars on the blue stripes. Fun kit overall but as a traditionalist, I would have preferred no large stars. Perhaps a small ring of them around the collar would have been subtle and appropriate but this is a touch too loud if I was calling the shots. Nonetheless, it's fun and one of our better kits the last few years.

IMG_9784.JPG

Am I the only one seeing the even darker blue sublimated stars in the pictures?

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

12 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

Am I the only one seeing the even darker blue sublimated stars in the pictures?

No. @aawagner011 mentioned those when he posted the image, and I mentioned them in my reply as well. I'm pretty sure everyone is seeing them.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Waldo. 

I know we need to keep making new designs for the sake of merchandise, but I'd prefer if the U.S. stuck to a Waldo design as their primary through every cycle and then rotated in new clash kits for people to throw their money at. 

As someone else said, if you're going to put white stars on blue sleeves, go the whole way and make the bars white and red. 

Either way, this is a big step after the last two abominations. 

I don't really like the stars on the sleeves but...

HOOPS. The Hoops are back. I'm definitely buying this jersey. The USMNT just needs the Waldo kit back, and this is what the US should always look like.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Higher resolution shot of the new US Gold Cup shirt:

IMG_5134.thumb.PNG.9d3fd502b618fb3c2a6ca326ed69e63d.PNG

It's on the 2016 version of the Vapor Aeroswift template rather than the new version, and it looks to be without the full Aeroswift construction on the front like the 2016 Nike club shirts that featured bespoke patterns and design features on the front. The sleeves appear to still feature the full knit construction, however.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

43 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Swansea City home and away:

IMG_5130.JPG.6f331f57da3ce5af8dae2869cf6e6a97.JPGIMG_5131.JPG.40aec46e5008732cc106fb6c2f91e497.JPG

Can't say I'm really a fan of either, frankly. The home wouldn't be too bad if not for the garishly-colored new sponsor logo.

Yep. A solid black sponsor would've looked much better. Since I'm the only American Swansea fan I know, at least no one I know will wear this around me. 

49 minutes ago, Digby said:

Hmm why couldn't the current USA whites have the true navy sleeves if these can? Would've improved that shirt a lot, I'd wager.

38 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Why do you think they can't?  

The sleeves on the whites certainly could've been a true navy. The current sleeves are just royal blue and white knit together, which is why they appear to be a slightly lighter blue from most angles. On most of Nike's 2016 Vapor Aeroswift shirts with contrasting sleeves, they're knit together with the base color of the shirt and a second color, with the end result looking like a blend between the two. The sleeves on this new Gold Cup shirt look to be knit between the navy from the base of the shirt, and a darker, almost black navy, which is why they appear darker than the base. In-order for them to have made the sleeves on the current whites a true navy color, they would've had to have knit together two different shades of navy, or possibly even a lighter navy color and black. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I actually like that USA prematch shirt a whole lot. It's the perfect level of obnoxious.

The actual game shirt just feels like it has too much going on at once. I'm into the idea of stars on the sleeves, and I'm into a hooped USA kit, but having those elements together like that just isn't working. It could be worse, it could be what they've been wearing recently. 

12 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

51o5Xxb4FuL.jpg.8f090583611e368c46fe51b8799b1599.jpg

Seriously though, great game

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived