2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

30 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

@upperV03 @aawagner011 What is the difference between this "t shirt" and the actual kit? I can't tell at first glance.

T-shirt versus actual match jersey cut and construction. Also appears like the t-shirt does not have the sublimated stars on the blue hoops. Shirt has a normal round blue collar whereas the jersey has the v-neck with the red partial collar wrap around trim. Shirt doesn't have the navy blue side mesh inserts. There are more white stars on the t-shirt's sleeves compared to the jersey. Hard to say for sure, but the shirt may not have the slightly darker blue sleeves. But for a t-shirt, I think it's a great option. Still retains the feel and look of the actual jersey.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, dont care said:

Does Barca have no sponsor on the front of their shirts this year? Did qatars deal end? If no replacement is made I'll have to buy that shirt just for that

They signed a deal with Rakuten, so the shirt will end up having their logo on it just like the home shirt does:

IMG_4290.JPG.281155353a242239070746ee40a57447.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I've always assumed the continued changing of manufacturers is part of why there's not the throwback industry in soccer that there is in big four USA sports. This is actually really interesting to me! I like that Club America is paying tribute to a classic design like this, but it does raise questions of whether a simple design belongs to the club or the manufacturer, and I'm sure the legalities are different across countries too.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Just now, Digby said:

I've always assumed the continued changing of manufacturers is part of why there's not the throwback industry in soccer that there is in big four USA sports. This is actually really interesting to me! I like that Club America is paying tribute to a classic design like this, but it does raise questions of whether a simple design belongs to the club or the manufacturer, and I'm sure the legalities are different across countries too.

there actually is a lot of club-made throwback in football but the teams don't use them in games

1 minute ago, hendocfc said:

Fun fact; it's PaRTick,not PaTRick Thistle. I've been doing it wrong too,until I realised...

OMG. I feel like I just discovered the Chicago Bears logo is asymmetric.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Umbro to become the new supplier of Schalke 04 in 2018. So this would be the second 'big' club in Germany they supply after Werder Bremen. I'd love it.

Schalke's kits are pretty similar to Everton's though.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

5 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

Patrick Thistle goes back to 06 with their new away kit.

partick_thistle_17_18_joma_away_kit.jpgarticle-2645612-1E64C7AE00000578-396_634

Same kit T&T are using this year. It's a cool look but I think Joma needs to step up their kit game more.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Has any team been more all over the place with home kits than Frankfurt since Nike took over? Black/red stripes in 14/15, black w/ red pinstripes in 15/16, black and white stripes last season, and now white w/ black pinstripes. None are bad looks, I'd just like to see them stick to something. 

spacer.png

Their usual colours are black/red stripes,but they haven't worn them since 14/15. It's odd indeed... Bayern are a similar case: Blue/red stripes in 14/15,two tone red in 15/16,red with white shorts in 16/17,and now red with white pinstripes.

15 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

Their usual colours are black/red stripes,but they haven't worn them since 14/15. It's odd indeed... Bayern are a similar case: Blue/red stripes in 14/15,two tone red in 15/16,red with white shorts in 16/17,and now red with white pinstripes.

But at least Bayern have generally stuck with primarily red home kits even if the accent colors and design features have changed. Their home kits have been consistently red, whereas Frankfurt has just been all over the place lately.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived