2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

We don't know that it won't.  

No, but we also don't know that it will. My original point was that I think some people are taking the rumors that MNUFC could end up with teamwear kits this season as meaning they'll end up with basic, out of the catalog templates in basic colors. Instead, I just wanted to point out that it's more likely that they'll end up with customized kits in regards to color and the other factors (design and technolgy) still remain to be seen.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I like the Philadelphia Union logo quite a bit, but the uniform is just so boring. It's the worst of old gold combined with the worst of navy blue. They look like the drabbest possible St. Louis Rams, except they play outside.

So while I appreciate their attempt to lighten the whole look up with white, it all still looks very formal and business-like. That white shirt will look nice with a pair of jeans, but it kind of sucks on a soccer field.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The new (and extremely underwhelming) Union secondary kit has been unveiled:

IMG_2703.PNG

There is no need for the badge to be monochrome white, it would look a lot better in the regular colors. And the Red Bulls should have used this template.

I had forgotten about this when the Timbers unveiled their new primary kit but Merritt Paulson said the club will not use the Rose City Red theme for their 2018 secondary.

IMG_2708.PNGThis likely means a white kit next season but I'm confident they'll still come up with something classy. I personally would like to see a reinterpretation of this kit (I might even have to whip up a concept soon).

IMG_2709.GIF

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

19 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I'm pretty confident it will not. 

Likewise, sadly.  I think that's what everyone means by it being "generic" out of the gate.

I'm holding out faint hope that it'll return later.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

C2_Mht6UQAEs_fo.jpg

More MNUFC gear. Justin Davis has a shirt that has the wording in both blue, black and gray. I wonder if the kits will have that lighter gray incorporated in some way? Seeing it used more and more in their branding. Their old kits from the last 2 seasons (and branding from what I remember) didn't use the light gray. 

21 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I had forgotten about this when the Timbers unveiled their new primary kit but Merritt Paulson said the club will not use the Rose City Red theme for their 2018 secondary.

IMG_2708.PNGThis likely means a white kit next season but I'm confident they'll still come up with something classy. I personally would like to see a reinterpretation of this kit (I might even have to whip up a concept soon).

IMG_2709.GIF

Love that kit

On 1/23/2017 at 9:27 PM, DG_Now said:

I like the Philadelphia Union logo quite a bit, but the uniform is just so boring. It's the worst of old gold combined with the worst of navy blue. They look like the drabbest possible St. Louis Rams, except they play outside.

So while I appreciate their attempt to lighten the whole look up with white, it all still looks very formal and business-like. That white shirt will look nice with a pair of jeans, but it kind of sucks on a soccer field.

I agree.  That's why I liked when the Union tried to liven up their 2012 kits with light blue.

PHI_primary(FORMATTED).jpgPHI_secondary(FORMATTED).jpg

And prior to last season, they used this version of their crest a lot on social media, leading to speculation that the away kit might have a monochrome crest. Never happened. Seems more likely this is just marketing and not a change in logo.

TFC%20Logos%20Silver%202016.png?4ynuAL_TcS4aBIGtNrCq.wWonn.jVwrn&itok=DOc4yeRg

11 hours ago, nas1787 said:

And prior to last season, they used this version of their crest a lot on social media, leading to speculation that the away kit might have a monochrome crest. Never happened. Seems more likely this is just marketing and not a change in logo.

That's right.

Every year TFC uses a different version of their logo (or, as is the case here, an element from their logo) and make it their "theme" on social media and the season tickets for the season. 

They treat each year like a chapter almost. Nothing to read into here. 

Though I do love that academy logo and wish they would adopt a logo similar to it for the senior squad. 

I know you and I chatted about this before @nas1787 (last year? maybe 2 years ago?) but I heard another rumor that Pizza Pizza is in the running for the jersey sponsorship again as technically the BMO deal has expired again.

Wouldn't be surprised if BMO antis up again after last season.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived