2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

On 7/1/2017 at 0:55 PM, Gothamite said:

Apparently that new Salzburg badge is to avoid confusion between the two Red Bull clubs now in the Champions League. 

We had a New York Red Bulls fan create his own version of this badge for his club:

Nice.  But needs "Red Bull" around the top to fill that white space.

DDmwMrOWsAAdO6I.jpg

And, of course, he got a C&D from the club. :rolleyes: 

Whoops.  Unless they're considering something like this themselves and don't want him to spoil it?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new home kit of Holstein Kiel (2. Bundesliga) got rejected by the DFL because pictures are not allowed on Bundesliga kits. I'm actually just confused that the home kit is white. They normally wear Portsmouth like kits. So blue shirt, white shorts and red socks.

dfl-rejects-puma-holstein-kiel-17-18-2-b

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/07/dfl-rejects-puma-holstein-kiel-17-18-2-bundesliga-home-kit.html

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

About the Kiel kit,it's kind of weird because German teams do similar stuff all the time (sublimating stuff onto teamwear) and the DFL is fine with it. Can't see why they rejected it now. Fenerbahce's kit barely changed... meh

Hull City home officially released:

IMG_5843.JPG.99d952c401d12031270b328b594dcd70.JPGIMG_5844.JPG.928319114e9cd820a3af217a7b92e678.JPG

SC Internacional home and away, with a graphic inspired by their stadium:

IMG_5845.JPG.c83dc9b6ea5de3a43fe76d460477658a.JPGIMG_5846.JPG.afa8db775daa31b9d8190fb0c41db0de.JPGIMG_5847.JPG.852d3212dfcd54c4423659e205cd4ffb.JPGIMG_5849.JPG.2bcf90af9b0401f11830d88efa2afa97.JPG

Mockup of the Sparta Prague home:

IMG_5850.JPG.eb6a384a315d322e2c492bc15f5b58d2.JPG

I really like the Hull City kit. The diagonal stripes on the sleeves are a nice and different touch, and the updated sponsor logo is a small but noticeable improvement.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Hull City home officially released:

IMG_5843.JPG.99d952c401d12031270b328b594dcd70.JPGIMG_5844.JPG.928319114e9cd820a3af217a7b92e678.JPG

The diagonal stripes on the sleeves are a nice and different touch look like an error, and the updated sponsor logo is a small but noticeable improvement.

FTFY....but that's just my opinion.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Onwards... and upwards?

On first impressions, not bad at all. The sponsor using their wordmark only is a vast improvement on what we had last season, the back is striped - always a positive - and there's not any fussy trimmings to detract from the colours.

The badge will remain a bone of contention, and one thing I'd change would be on the back of the shorts - they carry the logo of WWF (this season's charity partner) in a circular patch, but I think it'd look much better just reversed white out of the black fabric. Mind, it probably wouldn't look like a proper panda then.

The diagonal stripes on the sleeve are... interesting. Something different, I guess. They put me in mind of a prototype of the 2004-05 shirt where the sleeves had a similar treatment...

prototype.png.f286d6b54a230089502b7968505bec34.png

...on the final version though the stripes were straight.

All in all, an upgrade from last season. Hooped socks would have been lovely, mind.

EDIT: Hmm, looks like the crest has a parquet pattern behind the Tiger's head...

crest.png.8b4453143eb36b60dd6482d0e974e591.png

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Watford away:

IMG_5831.JPG.2b35d3762b863903e8d540d296c4dd86.JPGIMG_5833.JPG.37f68965b1b3b9fe571bb5eadab492a9.JPG

Basic teamwear, as expected. Seems like they could've at least picked a more recent teamwear design, though.

Thought they were Fulham for a second.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

@Jaffa I was looking through some Hull crests for a concept and I stumbled upon the Ladies crest

hull-city-logo.png

Except for the City Ladies written on the snout that is much much better than the men's crest. Still overly fussy, but Remove some details and that's a good starting point. The expression isn't as dopey and you can actually make out the animal.

Has that always been the tiger on the Ladies team or was it created in conjunction with the 'new' men's crest? And if it was, why are they keeping that awful tiger when another, superior version was created? Or does Hull city ladies have nothing to do with the men's team?

07Giants.pngnyy.png

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Is that a throwback sponsor?

If I remember correctly, they signed a new shirt sponsorship deal with Seleco near the end of last season. They were sponsored by Seleco in the mid-80's, so it is somewhat of a historical shirt sponsor for them.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

@Jaffa I was looking through some Hull crests for a concept and I stumbled upon the Ladies crest

hull-city-logo.png

Except for the City Ladies written on the snout that is much much better than the men's crest. Still overly fussy, but Remove some details and that's a good starting point. The expression isn't as dopey and you can actually make out the animal.

Has that always been the tiger on the Ladies team or was it created in conjunction with the 'new' men's crest? And if it was, why are they keeping that awful tiger when another, superior version was created? Or does Hull city ladies have nothing to do with the men's team?

No, Hull City Ladies isn’t officially affiliated with Hull City itself - Hull City’s owners did provide some financial backing for a year or two but that ended in one of their waves of football-based cost cutting. 

I think they updated their crest at that point in time (around the time City’s crest was redesigned to drop the club name) and the owners were encouraging them to rename as Hull Tigers Ladies, I strongly suspect that’s why ‘City’ has been snuck onto the snout. :P It would have been created entirely independently of the men’s side, though.

The Tiger’s head we use has been on the shirt in one form or another since the late 1970s (aside from a brief and acrimonious spell at the turn of the millennium), so whilst it may not be the best looking of animals (or be frowning that much) it’s ours. :blush:

I'd be interested to see what you come up with concept-wise, though!

Archived