2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kind of can't believe Fulham still use that badge, which for me is the clear worst in the club's history.

1e046db1a08a6f112e784dff3e49127f.jpg

While I get that straight-up using the borough's crest isn't a sound idea in the age of copyright and counterfeiting, that doesn't mean the club can't return to a badge inspired by it.

I thought @DawgPacPBH's concept from a few years ago did a nice job of balancing the desire for a cleaner crest while retaining some life to it.

6fQjS3M.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Yeah, that's Manchester United's home kit from two years ago.

Not even close, really. The Fulham kit is based on the mi Morona 15 template, which is actually the same as Minnesota United's current away kit. You can design it here:

http://www.miteam.adidas.com/mi-Morona-15-Uniform-M/5698_M,en_US,pd.html?sport=Soccer#is_configurator

And you can see here that the mi Morona 15 template really isn't all that close to the Man Utd home kit from two years ago:IMG_6457.thumb.JPG.5eced23ac8a55deaa6da89192fb46311.JPGIMG_6458.thumb.JPG.48c5ed9141ac1662d0131f99a1e5f2fe.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Not even close, really. The Fulham kit is based on the mi Morona 15 template, which is actually the same as Minnesota United's current away kit. You can design it here:

http://www.miteam.adidas.com/mi-Morona-15-Uniform-M/5698_M,en_US,pd.html?sport=Soccer#is_configurator

And you can see here that the mi Morona 15 template really isn't all that close to the Man Utd home kit from two years ago:IMG_6457.thumb.JPG.5eced23ac8a55deaa6da89192fb46311.JPGIMG_6458.thumb.JPG.48c5ed9141ac1662d0131f99a1e5f2fe.JPG

Looks like a mix of the two. The collar is closer to the United kit but the sleeves are more like Minny United.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Looks like a mix of the two. The collar is closer to the United kit but the sleeves are more like Minny United.

It's not a mix between the two, it's just the mi Morona template with a v-neck collar. Click this link and you basically have the new Fulham kit:

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Brighton alternative kit officially released:

IMG_6462.JPG.21c82d8fc0a4e9f3b63a7c6005343a8e.JPGIMG_6463.JPG.24c3b0ff43e113b28f40f1b8b28c9c67.JPG

Their black away kit from last season will be used as the second alternative option for next season.

IMG_6464.JPG.01e174a2a81603144dd73f1b3d02830f.JPG

The Premier League has apparently done away with the away and third kit designations, so clubs will instead have two alternative options. In Brighton's case, the yellow kit will take priority over the black one.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

I kind of can't believe Fulham still use that badge, which for me is the clear worst in the club's history.

1e046db1a08a6f112e784dff3e49127f.jpg

While I get that straight-up using the borough's crest isn't a sound idea in the age of copyright and counterfeiting, that doesn't mean the club can't return to a badge inspired by it.

I thought @DawgPacPBH's concept from a few years ago did a nice job of balancing the desire for a cleaner crest while retaining some life to it.

This cannot be bumped enough.  

5 hours ago, upperV03 said:

And you can see here that the mi Morona 15 template really isn't all that close to the Man Utd home kit from two years ago:

Actually Morona is closer to Condivo 14:

Condivo-14-Jersey-Red.jpg

4r2eer.png

I'm at the Barcelona - Man U. Champions Cup game at Fed Ex Field tonight.  Barca is wearing their polarized blue kits while Man U. is sporting their white and grey third kits.  Personally, I wish one of the teams were wearing their traditional home uniform to make the game a little better looking.  On the good side, however, the weather is great and the game is entertaining.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

6 minutes ago, Mitch B said:

I'm at the Barcelona - Man U. Champions Cup game at Fed Ex Field tonight.  Barca is wearing their polarized blue kits while Man U. is sporting their white and grey third kits.  Personally, I wish one of the teams were wearing their traditional home uniform to make the game a little better looking.  On the good side, however, the weather is great and the game is entertaining.

Just from watching the game on TV, the Barça away kit looks really sharp. I love the blaugrana trim and the bright blue base pops really nicely. I can't say the same about the Man United third kit though, as the different shades of gray just don't pair well together with the white shorts and accents. The kit suffers from the same fate as Atlanta United's secondary when they wear the white shorts, where the shirt and socks just aren't a dark enough gray to justify the use of white shorts instead of matching gray ones. As it is, the white shorts just make the shirts and socks look really dingy and dirty, almost as if they haven't been washed properly. And yeah, the kit matchup as a whole isn't all that great. One of the teams, preferably Man United IMO, should've worn their primaries, or they could've even worn their black away kits. But I'm not surprised that Man United wanted to debut their new thirds since they've already worn their home and aways during the preseason.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived