2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/21/2017 at 11:32 PM, MJWalker45 said:

IMG_20170818_104002_272.thumb.jpg.ce4f6d6f674cebdafbe4d9b30bd91e27.jpg

Man City and Everton wore the modified Manchester Bee today in honor of the victims of the Las Ramblas attack. 

The red and blue stripes are silly, if they're in reference to Barcelona the team. It's a color scheme that has nothing to do with the city, the attack was on the city, not the team, and there's another team in Barcelona. It should have been red and yellow Senyera stripes

07Giants.pngnyy.png

15 hours ago, Waffles said:

ImageVaultHandler.aspx170325164640-uq

Old:

0b20fd40695a9130b2c259d0863c4b7c.jpg

Good catch.  

And wow, what an example of small details making the difference. Just thickening the outline to equal the gold stroke around the shield is an amazing upgrade. 

I also like using the country name, since they're representing the entire nation. Same with ditching the red - I presume it had some special symbolism, anybody know what it was?

Neutral on the old ball - I think any team that ever played with the old style is justified keeping it on their badge, since they won't always be playing with that newer design either.  But the new one does have the benefit of symmetry. 

Bit of a shame to lose the three crowns.  I like using national symbols.  But the date looks good.  And the new font is worlds better. 

1 hour ago, anythinglogos said:

The red and blue stripes are silly, if they're in reference to Barcelona the team. It's a color scheme that has nothing to do with the city, the attack was on the city, not the team, and there's another team in Barcelona. It should have been red and yellow Senyera stripes

It was a quick redraw involving colors used by Barca and Espanyol. The sentiment was more important than the stripes, thoughI believe looking at the pictures the hash tag was the only actual addition.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 8/24/2017 at 9:17 AM, upperV03 said:

First real shots of the Barça third shirt:

IMG_6936.JPG.99e4cbe9dea89b3dd08c9925be3d608d.JPGIMG_6937.JPG.4e7d59398f657f30370c70e5bbc96249.JPG

These should have been used instead of the light blue kit vs Alaves. It's not as bad as Real vs Barca but it'd be a better looking match.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

These should have been used instead of the light blue kit vs Alaves. It's not as bad as Real vs Barca but it'd be a better looking match.

They haven't even officially unveiled the third kit yet, so they were always going to wear the light blues today at Alaves. But I don't think there's a contrast issue in today's game anyways since Barça's away kit is such a light and bright shade of blue. I don't think the dark red third kit would improve the contrast at all, and if anything I'd say it could make it worse.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 23/08/2017 at 5:11 AM, MJWalker45 said:

It was a quick redraw involving colors used by Barca and Espanyol. The sentiment was more important than the stripes, thoughI believe looking at the pictures the hash tag was the only actual addition.

I'm not sure where that image posted above came from, but the image used in stadium used the senyera colours, not Barca.

barcelona_honour_football2208.jpg

Apparently Italy will change the crest for the world cup

new-italy-crest+%25282%2529.jpg

The biggest improvement is the stars outside the crest and the more Scudetto-like shape, but I do not like the top being pointy instead of flat. Also looks a bit too vertical, removing the gold underline would help avoid that

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Archived