anythinglogos

2017/18 Soccer Kits

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Most likely yes, it’ll just be used for friendlies and the women will use it for World Cup qualifiers. There really isn’t any reason for Nike to change the design, and not really enough time either, so they’ll just have to change the marketing campaign that’s released with the kits.

I would love if the women ended up keeping those for the World Cup in 2019, but you know Nike'll release another stupid kit instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as they use actual colors from the flag instead of white and black I'll be happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

I would love if the women ended up keeping those for the World Cup in 2019, but you know Nike'll release another stupid kit instead.

 

Feels like that's the only way they'll sell any of these. Who's going to buy one next year? Anyone who does ought to be shunned by his friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

As long as they use actual colors from the flag

 

46 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

instead of white

 

:huh:

 

Ah, I know what you mean.  But white is traditional even if it didn't feature prominently on the flag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gothamite said:

 

 

:huh:

 

Ah, I know what you mean.  But white is traditional even if it didn't feature prominently on the flag.

I meant the white, black, volt mix. I'm fine with red, white and blue all being on the same kits. I'd just like to see the US and England go back to blue shorts and white socks with their home kits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Digby said:

 

Feels like that's the only way they'll sell any of these. Who's going to buy one next year? Anyone who does ought to be shunned by his friends.

0% chance I am buying the next USMNT kit. Doesn't matter what it looks like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Digby said:

 

Feels like that's the only way they'll sell any of these. Who's going to buy one next year? Anyone who does ought to be shunned by his friends.

I will because it doesn't look like a templated mess with blue shoulders that had to be changed twice during the life of the previous kit. I still want my team to do well, even though they're a big mess at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

I will because it doesn't look like a templated mess with blue shoulders that had to be changed twice during the life of the previous kit. I still want my team to do well, even though they're a big mess at the moment.

 

I want my team to do well too, but I'm not gonna fork over $90 when they've f-ked up in a historic manner. Particularly not for a shirt that will only be worn in consolation prize friendlies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MOD EDIT I like the look and I love my team. Besides, the women will still be wearing these and representing them much better then the men would even if they were in the World Cup. 

Edited by crashcarson15
We're not promoting IP theft on a board that's filled with graphic designers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

MOD EDIT I like the look and I love my team. Besides, the women will still be wearing these and representing them much better then the men would even if they were in the World Cup. 

 

That much is true, and perhaps Nike will get with the program and make the three-star, women's-number jerseys available for men from the start. (Though overlooked in the current angst is that the USWNT has been in a real rut too for the past year and a half.) Also mods, no one interpreted that as an endorsement of IP theft, come on, let's be adults.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

I like it. Can't wait to see the green/teal away kit!

 

germany-2018-world-cup-kit-2.jpg

 

There's something distinctly retro-military about the Germany kits throughout most of their history which I really like and this one fits that style quite well. I like it too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13.10.2017 at 8:15 PM, Berlin Wall said:

I like it. Can't wait to see the green/teal away kit!

 

germany-2018-world-cup-kit-2.jpg

There is so much wrong with this jersey. The pattern should be mirrored. Also it should feature ALL THREE colors of our flag. Not only black.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pabig said:

There is so much wrong with this jersey. The pattern should be mirrored. Also it should feature ALL THREE colors of our flag. Not only black.

Agreed. They also need to get teams back to wearing their traditional looks instead of monotone looks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now