2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

16 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Most likely yes, it’ll just be used for friendlies and the women will use it for World Cup qualifiers. There really isn’t any reason for Nike to change the design, and not really enough time either, so they’ll just have to change the marketing campaign that’s released with the kits.

I would love if the women ended up keeping those for the World Cup in 2019, but you know Nike'll release another stupid kit instead.

6fQjS3M.png

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

I would love if the women ended up keeping those for the World Cup in 2019, but you know Nike'll release another stupid kit instead.

Feels like that's the only way they'll sell any of these. Who's going to buy one next year? Anyone who does ought to be shunned by his friends.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

6 hours ago, Gothamite said:

:huh:

Ah, I know what you mean.  But white is traditional even if it didn't feature prominently on the flag.

I meant the white, black, volt mix. I'm fine with red, white and blue all being on the same kits. I'd just like to see the US and England go back to blue shorts and white socks with their home kits. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

18 hours ago, Digby said:

Feels like that's the only way they'll sell any of these. Who's going to buy one next year? Anyone who does ought to be shunned by his friends.

0% chance I am buying the next USMNT kit. Doesn't matter what it looks like. 

18 hours ago, Digby said:

I will because it doesn't look like a templated mess with blue shoulders that had to be changed twice during the life of the previous kit. I still want my team to do well, even though they're a big mess at the moment.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

I will because it doesn't look like a templated mess with blue shoulders that had to be changed twice during the life of the previous kit. I still want my team to do well, even though they're a big mess at the moment.

I want my team to do well too, but I'm not gonna fork over $90 when they've f-ked up in a historic manner. Particularly not for a shirt that will only be worn in consolation prize friendlies. 

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

MOD EDIT I like the look and I love my team. Besides, the women will still be wearing these and representing them much better then the men would even if they were in the World Cup. 

That much is true, and perhaps Nike will get with the program and make the three-star, women's-number jerseys available for men from the start. (Though overlooked in the current angst is that the USWNT has been in a real rut too for the past year and a half.) Also mods, no one interpreted that as an endorsement of IP theft, come on, let's be adults.

7 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

I like it. Can't wait to see the green/teal away kit!

germany-2018-world-cup-kit-2.jpg

There's something distinctly retro-military about the Germany kits throughout most of their history which I really like and this one fits that style quite well. I like it too.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

On 13.10.2017 at 8:15 PM, Berlin Wall said:

I like it. Can't wait to see the green/teal away kit!

germany-2018-world-cup-kit-2.jpg

There is so much wrong with this jersey. The pattern should be mirrored. Also it should feature ALL THREE colors of our flag. Not only black.

3 hours ago, Pabig said:

There is so much wrong with this jersey. The pattern should be mirrored. Also it should feature ALL THREE colors of our flag. Not only black.

Agreed. They also need to get teams back to wearing their traditional looks instead of monotone looks.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

FFS NASL. I appreciate being innovative but...

http://www.nasl.com/news/2017/10/18/san-diego-nasl-club-unveils-name-and-logo

1904 // A name inspired for and by the people of its representative city. A fellow supporter and most importantly, a San Diegan, suggested 1904, deriving from S, the 19th letter of the alphabet, paired with D, the 4th letter, making 1904 an iconic name for San Diego soccer. From the start, this team has been deeply rooted in its interest and appeal to the street culture here, making Nineteen O’Four and the many variations of this name absolutely fitting. Finally, we have chosen to use Football Club because of what we're steadily moving towards, to bring San Diego Football and its valued players to the world.

Colors/Logo // 1904 FC’s colors are as simple as the game itself. A game where one team must score just one more goal than the other. Black and white also represent both the darkness (challenges) of sports and the light (victory). The telescope represents the club’s long-term vision and commitment to the region, along with its goal of developing local football talent and helping young players achieve their dreams of playing international soccer. It also symbolizes the club’s connection to the city’s long-standing commitment, described as Semper Vigilans, which means ever vigilant, on the city seal.

8FC3ED8A-CA95-4E05-AC35-FF16623A71DF.jpeg

Archived