2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

Are these new MLS team specific logos? There is even one based around the old league logo.

And could that one at the top left be for the Red Bulls, referencing the odd striping on the new jersey? It would make a good standard league logo.

C3h0-KAXAAI_dKm.jpg:large

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

Are these new MLS team specific logos? There is even one based around the old league logo.

Those are all fan-made, when the MLS Next logo was first unveiled.  MLSsoccer.com ran a story on these mash-ups back at the time, and the league appears to have put some on the wall as an art installation.

Here's another view:

hSOgqkT.jpg

Atlanta would have metallic gold, not athletic gold.  That looks to be the MetroStars version created by Empire of Soccer.

Don't forget that Minnesota had a logo long before Atlanta did, even though we didn't know if they were keeping it.  And there might also be an Atlanta somewhere out of the frame.

16 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

I think that's ATLUD, not the MetroStars.

No, that's the MetroStars. You can see the original here

This was before Atlanta, and their gold is metallic, not athletic, in any case.   I suspect that Minnesota is only included because lots of people were also doing mash-ups with minor league clubs:

wWuc172.jpg

Minnesota just happened to come true.

5 minutes ago, Digby said:

The MLS leaks are a-comin'. Via http://todosobrecamisetas.com/  --

Houston Dynamo

houston-dynamo-2017-home-kit-lk-1.jpg

Chicago Fire

chicago-fire-2017-away-kit-lk-1.jpg

I really like the latter -- the gray and that texture combine really nicely.

Gotta agree with you there, although I'm a bit disappointed they didn't incorporate any Chicago flag elements this time around. I'm surprised at how much I like the grey, but it does look really nice with that texture and matches up with the badge quite well. I'm not too fond of that Dynamo kit, however. I like that they used some space city blue in the form of the horizontal pinstripes but it feels a bit too simplistic, especially with the orange crew collar.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Yeah, I'd agree with all of that -- though I didn't put in the post, but the site has a photo of the backs as well, and Chicago has a cool secondary logo including a six-pointed star there. Curious whether these are replicas and not authentics, or if Adidas is just going minimalist for this year's collection (thinking especially about the collars here).

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

A reddit user who claims to have been at the commercial shoot for the new 2017 SKC primary shirt compared it to last season's man city home shirt, with some white pinstripes on the front and obviously made by Adidas. He didn't comment on the shorts or socks of the kit. 

IMG_2749.JPG

This would make sense though, as SKC's training range for this season is light blue with white accents, like so:

IMG_2750.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived