2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know - looks like they've had some turnover in their design team.  

I haven't cared much for their national team designs for a while, but their club designs were always excellent.  Now they're taking the national team templates and applying them to clubs, which is a very bad idea. 

If nothing else, the past couple years have blunted the interest a lot of us had for replacing Adidas with Nike as the MLS supplier.  Right now, I'd take Adidas in a heartbeat.

Around the time of the centennial kit, Nike was doing a great job of giving teams very bespoke, diverse looks. Starting with Euro last year their philosophy has drastically swung toward standard templating with almost no individual flourishes, and a disregard for traditional colors on top of that.

Adidas has arguably gone in the other direction -- their thing for a while was filling in colors on templates, but more recently they've had much more simple templates and consequently, more space to design individual looks for teams.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

57 minutes ago, Digby said:

Around the time of the centennial kit, Nike was doing a great job of giving teams very bespoke, diverse looks. Starting with Euro last year their philosophy has drastically swung toward standard templating with almost no individual flourishes, and a disregard for traditional colors on top of that.

Adidas has arguably gone in the other direction -- their thing for a while was filling in colors on templates, but more recently they've had much more simple templates and consequently, more space to design individual looks for teams.

Just my 2 cents but I think it's just a case of how many teams these companies are the suppliers for.

As Nike got more is seems they lost that originality (I'm not sure I'm saying that correctly) while Adidas has found it.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Rob Stone says this isn't the kit. Hopefully it's just a women's design because this looks like hot garbage.

First the color appears maroon with black tinted sleeves. Second, the two tone red and white crest sucks. Third, not a lick of blue is a crime.

Is it so hard to ask for a kit that actually uses the colors on our beautiful new crest?

13 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Rob Stone says this isn't the kit. Hopefully it's just a women's design because this looks like hot garbage.

That's what this is, not hot garbage, but the women's kit. If you look at upperV03 post and look in the bag you see 3 stars above the crest. The woman's team is the only US side that has stars above the crest. 

Of course the men's and women's kits have mirrored each other in the past but lately have gone in their own directions the past few years. We'll just have to wait and see if trend of women's and men's having different styles continues.

8 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Hmm, "I think USsoccer & Nikessoccer will have a nice problem when they....".

A nice problem? I can only think that these things are going to sell like...whatever sells out like really fast...that they can't keep up with the demand? Hmm, now even I am anxious to see these things.

Archived