2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's similar to the prematch jerseys but solid pinstripes I'd be fine with that.  They'd need blue shorts though, I don't think USA should wear solid red. That's Nike's punishment for England.  They should be red-white-red.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Isn't it possible that Alexi and Stoner are speaking about a different kit than the red & black one? Sounds like they saw one for the Gold Cup. This red/black kit could come soon and be for some MNT qualifying matches, WNT SheBelieves Cup, etc. then roll out Gold Cup shirt in summer for normal Confed Cup/summer tournament timing.

38 minutes ago, NickSixers said:

Isn't it possible that Alexi and Stoner are speaking about a different kit than the red & black one? Sounds like they saw one for the Gold Cup. This red/black kit could come soon and be for some MNT qualifying matches, WNT SheBelieves Cup, etc. then roll out Gold Cup shirt in summer for normal Confed Cup/summer tournament timing.

That's certainly possible, and that would imply that either the current home or away kit would be replaced in time for the Gold Cup, with the dark red kit being the third and essentially the de facto away kit until then. Basically the same thing they did after the World Cup, when they replaced the bomp pop kits with the blue gradients, and also when they've had third kits in the past that kind of bridged the gap before unveiling a new kit or kits.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

16 hours ago, Digby said:

Possible, but I don't believe there's a precedent for Nike putting out two new kits for the USMNT in a non World Cup year. But maybe that'll change as we move closer to teams wearing a different friggin kit every single game.

Or Nike might be trying to set up alternating rollouts for jerseys. They usually roll out both sets in Feb/March of the World Cup year. I truly hope this kit replaces the black kit. It's just not that good.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Just now, MJWalker45 said:

Or Nike might be trying to set up alternating rollouts for jerseys. They usually roll out both sets in Feb/March of the World Cup year. I truly hope this kit replaces the black kit. It's just not that good.

Again, just going by prior precedent in my memory here, but I expect that to happen based on the usual odd-number year thing -- in 2011 the red jersey effectively replaced the blue one for the Gold Cup, and last year we didn't see the bomb pops once the gradients were released. National teams don't really need third kits given the frequency of games. (One exception was the 2013 Centennial kit, a home jersey of course, which if I recall was only used in World Cup qualifiers while the hoops remained the primary for Gold Cup.)

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

7 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Same template as Vancouver and NYCFC.  Wish New York had a secondary logo at the back like they both do. 

I agree, I think something like what I used on a recent concept would make for a nice back neck graphic:

NYCFC2017.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The new Montreal secondary kit appears to have been leaked, and it's far too basic for my liking. Not a fan of that collar in this instance, and I believe there are very subtle vertical stripes but they're nearly impossible to make out. Also, did BMO not renew their kit sponsor deal?

IMG_2782.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived