2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is FC Dallas due for a new home kit this season, too? or just new roads?

my sister and her husband are season ticket holders, and have taken me to a few games over the past few years... and the non-hooped home kit has apparently not been very well received by the fans. i've heard multiple people say all they want is last seasons road kit in red with white hoops... and i have to agree with them.

Colorado-Rapids-v.-FC-Dallas-July-23-201

as far as interrupted adidas templated hoops go, that's a pretty solid look. i'm disheartened to hear the change strip is changing. especially if the home strip is staying the same. the away look wasn't the one that needed improvement.

12 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

I think it's just an illusion because the gold looks like it has a lime green tint to it.

It actually looks like it's some highlighter yellow. Maybe they'll do the 90s Borussia Dortmund look.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I like the idea but the sponsor just throws it all off. Maybe if the stripes were blue it would look better but right now it just feels like they slapped the red on there. I will add that my prediction was pretty spot on except for the split. I honestly don't know which I would have preferred (my prediction or this) because that blue sponsor just completely messes it up.

sigsgsg.png.dd2c63fee3388b4132af271cae3c34b5.png

SKC looks way, way too City-esque.  Lack of indigo blue throws the entire thing off.  The Sporting blue with white shorts and a white collar is not offensive...it's actually somewhat classy - just not for SKC.  Plus the details are throwing it off...the reflective stripes add nothing for me, I find them kind of annoying and they clash with the thin hoops on the socks.  It doesn't flow and it doesn't look like SKC.

SKC has been one of the more fashion-forward brands in the MLS since their inception, producing some absolutely beautiful kits along the way but they got this one wrong, I have to say.

good

Fire away

Atlanta home

Dynamo Home

Union away (despite the monochrome logo)

Timbers home

Quakes home

NE Revs away (usually not a fan of halfed kits, but this one isn't bad at all)

NYCFC (that navy+orange instead of white makes it much better)

Orlando home

meh

Impact away (rather bland, don't like the grey triangle and the red sponsor color irks)

bad/ugly

SKC home (wtf, interrupted stripes vs circles is the undoing, white instead of dark blue also a downgrade)

DC United away (that ugly failed muscle pattern, and only halfway done)

Whitecaps home (the pattern itself and one of the most stupid marketing narratives ever)

waste of money

RSL away (some catalogue gear + logos slapped on, no team colors)

Galaxy away (what's the point of a 2nd blue/blue/blue one in a row?! could at least made the adidas shoulder stripes gold or so, the 2 line 2 tone sponsor also sucks)

I can't find the FH article about the Seattle kit either. Seems they may have removed it.

On another note, the ATL secondary was officially unveiled and it's surprisingly combined with red shorts. Makes the kit a little better.

IMG_2838.JPG

IMG_2839.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Even better: in Atlanta's first ever game today (friendly against Chattanooga), the club wore the primary kit in the first half and timed the release of the secondary kit for when they came back onto the field wearing that for the second half.

IMG_6698.JPG

IMG_6701.JPG

Here are a few high quality shots of the Atlanta kit. I like it a lot better after seeing it in these better images. Nice distinction, too, since it's a very light gray. Not white.

kit_shoot_02032017-06.JPG

IMG_6704.JPG

IMG_6705.JPG

IMG_6706.JPG

IMG_6707.JPG

IMG_6708.JPG

IMG_6709.JPG

Archived