2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They sing it to that melody:

This is perfectly adequate:

seattle-sounders-2017-away-kit-2.jpg

I don't know that I'd say much more than that. It's a pretty plain template, TBH. And the lack of a star is a bit glaring. I much, much prefer the "super cyan" shirt from a few years back:

super%20cyan.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

That's a really cool guesture by ATLUTDFC (what is the preferred acronym?). That's how you build a fanbase for a new team.

I'm excited to see how ATL works in MLS. At the least, the Eastern conference could benefit from more and stronger ownership. It's been since 2008 since an East team won (not sure how Sporting KC fits in this with their 2013 win right before they switched conferences).

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Two things slightly holding back the ATL change kit: don't like the recolored badge. And the shade of red on the trim/shorts is one of those colors that seems like it'll look vastly different depending on the image and the light. Like I want it to be a bright, almost fluorescent red, but some of those pics it almost looks like a slightly faded coral-ish red.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Not a fan of the DCU kit, but more so wanted to point out one of my big beefs with adidas. They always have stark differences between the authentics and replicas. The DCU authentic has a Henley collar. The replica has a traditional round collar. That's a big difference. Ok, I understand perhaps not having the jock tag, maybe even the graphic on the upper back...but details like the sleeve text and different collar are big details.

IMG_6745.PNG

IMG_6746.PNG

Reminds me of this Seattle kit. It's like they aren't even trying.

IMG_6747.JPG

IMG_6748.JPG

18 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Not a fan of the DCU kit, but more so wanted to point out one of my big beefs with adidas. They always have stark differences between the authentics and replicas. The DCU authentic has a Henley collar. The replica has a traditional round collar. That's a big difference. Ok, I understand perhaps not having the jock tag, maybe even the graphic on the upper back...but details like the sleeve text and different collar are big details.

IMG_6745.PNG

IMG_6746.PNG

Reminds me of this Seattle kit. It's like they aren't even trying.

IMG_6747.JPG

IMG_6748.JPG

The new Timbers kit is the same deal, with the replica having a round collar rather than the henley. It's an especially big deal on a kit like this because the collar is one of the biggest and most significant features.

IMG_2841.PNGIMG_2840.PNG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Revolution away now official. Paired with red shorts -- looks a bit too much like the rival Red Bulls to me, but on the other hand, more interesting than all-white and perhaps needed due to wearing white shorts with the home. Lee Nguyen looks nonplussed.

C4fXg_qWEAE57l6.jpg

16465800_1109394115856309_80074708498063

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 minutes ago, Digby said:

Revolution away now official. Paired with red shorts -- looks a bit too much like the rival Red Bulls to me, but on the other hand, more interesting than all-white and perhaps needed due to wearing white shorts with the home. Lee Nguyen looks nonplussed.

C4fXg_qWEAE57l6.jpg

16465800_1109394115856309_80074708498063

Although this is unrealistic, I would've liked to have seen that shirt paired with navy shorts. That might help with the color balance a little bit, if the stripes were red with a white field.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 minutes ago, Digby said:

I really like that idea, @upperV03, though I always love red paired with navy. Here's a one-minute photoshop. The Revs have kept a pair of navy shorts in rotation to wear with the homes on rare occasions, so maybe?

diego.jpg

Nice! That improves that kit immensely and would immediately make it one of the nicest clash kits in the league IMO.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived