2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they'd used their regular crest, that Colorado away would be fantastic.  But I can't stop looking at that hideous recolor.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

4 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

Are Colorado slowly trying to turn themselves into Arsenal? White sleeves in the home kit,yellow/blue away... Yeah I know it's the Colorado flag thing,but I can't unsee Arsenal. I. just. can't.

That's my main gripe with it as well. The shared ownership ties with Arsenal are slowly becoming more and more evident in their on-field attire. Nonetheless they have two of the better kits in the league now, but I'd prefer the secondary kit to be primarily white and blue with red and yellow accents. That'd help distance themselves from Arsenal a bit, at least with their secondary kit.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

We have two fantastic kits so I don't care who they look like. The Rapids Arsenal relationship is dead. We are no more connected to Arsenal than we are to the Rams. There used to be an Arsenal badge at the stadium that was taken down and there has been pretty open frustration out of the Rapids at the relationship. The Burgundy with white sleeves is one of the cleanest and nicest looks in MLS and the burgundy does enough to make it not 'feel' like Arsenal IMO (They have always felt way more like West Ham to me). As for the yellow, it looks a lot like AFC but it is a state flag color and it fits with CO and our 300 days of sunshine. The yellow has been mostly embraced by the fans and I think in a few years Burgundy Home and Yellow Change shirts will be a very Rapids look. We are also one of the few MLS clubs that embraces the clash kit idea rather than home and away (white away shirt) in our jersey designs.

I understand the Arsenal comparisons but as a Rapids supporter who hates Arsenal I don't think it is a real concern.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

13 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Every time I see a modern adidas shirt with contrasting stripes, I weep that Arsenal is stuck with Puma's fussy, over-designed garbage.

Although I just posted why I think the Rapids are unique and distinct from Arsenal, looking at the Rapid's kits should make Arsenal fans think "what could have been".

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

21 hours ago, flyersfan said:

Wow. Didn't think of this, but it's a perfect match. I hate it, we need an identity that doesn't follow the templates

Portugal was the first thing that sprung to mind but the article on the main site reminded me that England and PSG also had the same thing.

Nike red england

nike red paris saint germain

7 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Looks very promising. Also looks like the sponsor logo will indeed just be the bullseye logo. It's also interesting that the crest isn't enclosed in the black shape like it is on all of the training wear.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Looks very promising. Also looks like the sponsor logo will indeed just be the bullseye logo. It's also interesting that the crest isn't enclosed in the black shape like it is on all of the training wear.

I'm glad it isn't enclosed in the black shape. They never did that previously on their kits and it'd be a shame to start now. I'm bummed about the Bullseye being so large, though. That is my only complaint with it. The rest I like. I hope it is paired with white shorts. 

10 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

I'm glad it isn't enclosed in the black shape. They never did that previously on their kits and it'd be a shame to start now. I'm bummed about the Bullseye being so large, though. That is my only complaint with it. The rest I like. I hope it is paired with white shorts. 

Well we've already seen these white socks:

IMG_2736.JPG

The shades of gray and blue definitely match up with that jersey so my guess would be that it's paired with white shorts and socks.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

These are striking. That much I dig. I like that they mimic the badge. I don't like the collar. In my mind, you can't go wrong with a ringer, and I think a ringer would really help this. 

I think I would like it more if the stripes and sleeve trim were black.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

Archived