2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Well, this is certainly interesting..

IMG_2862.JPG

Ehhhh. I hate jerseys like this where the front is a completely different color from the back. Its hard to watch. Makes it look like there are 3 teams on the field. I don't know why Dallas ever went away from red/white hoops primary kit and blue/white hoops secondary kit.

32 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

RSL released their new secondary earlier. This has gotta go down as the worst of this year's crop. Practically zero creativity involved in this one.

IMG_2863.JPGIMG_2864.JPG

Why the American flag, though? I need an explanation because it makes no sense here.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

And now the full shirt:

IMG_2856.PNG

I don't get why Adidas keeps turning out templates for pro teams (that have sponsors) that have a large element across the chest that will clearly conflict with the sponsor placement. They need to be better than that and quit offering these templates that look great without a sponsor but horrible with one. Thats just pure lazy.  

52 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

Why the American flag, though? I need an explanation because it makes no sense here.

1 minute ago, Gothamite said:

You're right - that's dumb.  Didn't make much more sense on the Revolution shirts, either.

Because with the "Real" name, people always confuse them with a Spanish team. 

2 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Can't find a picture right now but NYCFC played the Red Bulls yesterday with NYCFC wearing the new kit with white shorts and the Red Bulls in the blue and yellow secondary kits and it looked gorgeous!

It sure did.

NYvNJ_1.jpg

NYvNJ_2.jpg

NYvNJ_3.jpg

Although with the navy blue shorts, we can have blue v. red.  As the gods intended.

7 minutes ago, Digby said:

I prefer the local rivals to both wear their primary colors -- but I guess that won't happen if RBNY will be substantially less red this year. (This is not a Dax McCarty joke, btw.)

They could absolutely wear their red-and-whites against our blues if we wear the navy shorts.  No conflict there.

20 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

It sure did.

NYvNJ_1.jpg

Although with the navy blue shorts, we can have blue v. red.  As the gods intended.

Great example, to me, as to how a nice sponsor logo (NYC) can make a kit look very professional whereas a bad one (NYRB) can make a kit look very cheap. For NYRB simply using the Red Bull logotype on the chest would be a major improvement. 

1 hour ago, njdevs7 said:

Ehhhh. I hate jerseys like this where the front is a completely different color from the back. Its hard to watch. Makes it look like there are 3 teams on the field. I don't know why Dallas ever went away from red/white hoops primary kit and blue/white hoops secondary kit.

It could work, but you would need a third for OC. Purple vs red-white or blue-white is not going to work. On FIFA every time I play FCD I have to have Orlando wear white because of that.

ExJworW.png

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

They could absolutely wear their red-and-whites against our blues if we wear the navy shorts.  No conflict there.

I'm of the opinion that white vs. light-blue should be considered a clash -- still remember an unwatchable Galaxy vs. SKC in bright daylight game a few years back -- but those were both monochrome. Cautiously optimistic that contrasting shorts as you describe would make it more palatable.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived