2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

No idea if it means anything...I'm leaning towards no...but Stu Holden (who is usually pretty clued in as he works for Fox Soccer and was a former USMNT player) said at about the 3:30 mark that if we qualify for Russia, we would wear these kits at the tournament. Is this a shift in Nike's release schedule? I know some adidas teams have done this, and England had in the past (under Umbro, who was a Nike subsidiary for a number of years- can't recall if that happened under Nike's ownership).

Side note- these look pretty nice out in the sun light, if you can get past the template aspect.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sports Illustrated has a review of all the kits released so far, and they dropped the little tidbit that NYCFC will pair the Hypnokit shirt with orange shorts. 

NYCFC-Uniform.jpg

We've seen this look before - our youth teams started wearing them last year - but we didn't know the orange would make the jump to the first team.

Orlando's shirts officially released.  

productImages%2f_2708000%2fff_2708985_full.jpg&w=600

They're calling it a "clean new look" but I can't help but wonder what it would look like with the sponsor and Adidas logos in gold.  Restrict white to the badge and MLS patches.

And that jock tag is just lazy.  Which is a word I hate and almost never use.  But Orlando doesn't have any local iconography?  No identifying features, no shared cultural touchstones?  I'm starting to realize just how lucky NYCFC was, or how good our merchandise team is.

20 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Sports Illustrated has a review of all the kits released so far, and they dropped the little tidbit that NYCFC will pair the Hypnokit shirt with orange shorts. 

NYCFC-Uniform.jpg

We've seen this look before - our youth teams started wearing them last year - but we didn't know the orange would make the jump to the first team.

I wouldn't necessarily read too much into that. That Sports Ilustrated article has been wrong before with regards to some of the team's shorts and socks combinations. For example, last season they said that RSL would use this kit combination for their primary but those shorts and socks never saw the light of day.

IMG_2873.PNG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Thanks - SI says the info comes from Adidas.  But we'll see.

40 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

They need an all yellow look.

Columbus?  They've teased a yellow shirt, so I would expect an all-yellow look.  And then black next season when they can introduce a new clash.

15 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

SI says the info comes from Adidas.  But we'll see.

Columbus?  They've teased a yellow shirt, so I would expect an all-yellow look.  And then black next season when they can introduce a new clash.

The set from 2 years ago is all they ever need. Sure maybe a tweak or two but just keep it like that and fans will be happy.

crewjerseys(FORMATTED).jpg

47 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

They need an all yellow look.

So we could see both a black and gold kit!?!?!?!?!?!?! That "For Columbus" kit is proof that three kits is ideal for this league. Not sure if adidas didn't want to keep doing it or MLS didn't but it needed to happen when teams like Portland use two dark color uniforms.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

50 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

So we could see both a black and gold kit!?!?!?!?!?!?! That "For Columbus" kit is proof that three kits is ideal for this league. Not sure if adidas didn't want to keep doing it or MLS didn't but it needed to happen when teams like Portland use two dark color uniforms.

The supporters groups have seen the kit supposedly.  Rumored to have a checkered pattern down the sides.  Not sure the truth to that, just being passed down the line on social media.  Either way, really excited to be done with the "For Columbus" kits.  Woof. 

On February 16, 2017 at 0:11 PM, upperV03 said:

Well, this is certainly interesting..

IMG_2862.JPG

I actually like the symbolism of the design, but why would Dallas not make the entire shirt blue? It's not really a clash issue, considering the home is red.

buftxsig.png

I had a pet theory/wishful think that Columbus ditched the yellow kit because their new one would be black and yellow hoops, but sounds like that's not happening. Interesting that the black kit will be retained for a third season while the vomit-bib only made it one season -- wonder if the (completely predictable) reaction prompted a change from the usual two-season cycle.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

This is pretty funny. The Orlando City website shows a picture of the sleeve detail with the instructions "Input these coordinates and see what you find."

input.jpg

But if you put them in Google Maps, you get a two-year-old satellite photo that's somewhat less than inspiring.

coordinates.jpg

Time to take another pass over Orlando, Google.

6 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Oh, yeah.  It's definitely cool, and will only get better once Google updates its satellite photo.

i just input the coordinates and the image I get on Google Maps is an early construction phase shot. There's a bit of concrete laid and some vertical construction. Odd that we're getting 2 different images.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived