2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, GeauxColonels said:

i just input the coordinates and the image I get on Google Maps is an early construction phase shot. There's a bit of concrete laid and some vertical construction. Odd that we're getting 2 different images.

Can you take a screengrab?  I'm hearing from friends that they're seeing what I'm seeing.

The lines on the Red Bulls kit are particularly jarring as the sponsor logo is so symmetric. I can't shake the feeling that the wearer's right side is heavier than the left because of those lines. 

San Jose:  Even though the pattern is cool, all black is a fail.  The Quakes should always be blue/black/blue.

NYC: Orange shorts with the navy shirt looks pretty awesome.

RSL: Go back to blue shorts already... oh, and blue sleeves, while you're at it.

NYRB: Uh...

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

7 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

No idea if it means anything...I'm leaning towards no...but Stu Holden (who is usually pretty clued in as he works for Fox Soccer and was a former USMNT player) said at about the 3:30 mark that if we qualify for Russia, we would wear these kits at the tournament. Is this a shift in Nike's release schedule? I know some adidas teams have done this, and England had in the past (under Umbro, who was a Nike subsidiary for a number of years- can't recall if that happened under Nike's ownership).

Umbro used to alternate releasing home and away kits each year, with the new clobber being unveiled on Saint George's Day (April 23). I seem to remember that continuing for a while under Nike, before we fell into the same schedule as other teams.

On the subject of Umbro, and the use of co-ordinates on the new Orlando City shirt's sleeve - Umbro used co-ordinates as part of the promo for their team's new kit launches last summer. They feature prominently in the ads and are usually to be found on the inner collar of the shirt...

hull-city-2016-2017-umbro-home-kit-2.jpg

This teaser of the Minnesota kits indicate that the gray on the home kit is much darker than the initial leak indicated. Also, that sleeve with the partial white section is interesting and probably our first teaser of the secondary kit. Based on the texture of the white sleeve, I'm concerned the secondary might be a bit more teamwear-esque than the primary even.

IMG_2878.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

NYCFC only unveiled one kit at a time before their inaugural season. 

Atlanta did as well, but they both unveiled their primary kits far before the start of the season. It would be a bit odd for Minnesota to stage a kit unveiling event two weeks before the start of the season and only unveil one kit.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

I like it. I mean, it isn't the best ever, but for what I was expecting this first year it is better. It's definitely better than just an "off the rack" kit. I like the white kit better I think.

There are much better MiTeam options available than what they came up with for the white kit, so from that standpoint it's dissapointing that they couldn't have at least come up with something a little more creative than a colored in version of their 2015 template. The primary kit is better if no other reason than the fact that it's not on a 2015 template and it's a bit more bespoke than the white kit. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived