2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

4 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Dude, just put your homerism aside for a minute and try to understand the other side of the argument here. You keep defending your hometown team, and we can all understand that as fans of other clubs, but just try to look at it from the perspective of someone who isn't a diehard fan of the Sounders. Now please stop being defensive after every little comment that is even the slightest bit against your view. I think I speak for all of us when I say that we're sick of this argument, and it's kept on going for this long in large part because you keep rehashing it by being so defensive of your club.

Tell that to @Gothamite

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Can't help you there, my friend.  I just wish you wouldn't take this personally, because it isn't. 

No I don't, just find it funny that you guys don't like others expressing their opinion in favor for the Sounders using this term, and yet you jump on any chance to express your opinion on how much you hate it. I mean, we get it- you don't like it, @hawk36 likes it, I don't care if they use it or don't. This topic has just been about derailed because of it. I only joined in the conversation initially because I live in Seattle and I understand that branding, though it might be flawed, does not deserve the amount of attention and discussion that it has gotten in this topic. Just what I've noticed :P

3 hours ago, hawk36 said:

As for me, I'm not upset or offended at all. Fun discussion. Different people see the same thing very different ways. That's great. Can't wait for the unveil!

This is what happens when a bunch of uniform enthusiasts have to go almost a week since the last unveil! ANARCHY, DERAIL, OVERTHINKING A MARKETING CAMPAIGN! :lol:

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

This is the first real life example I've seen of the light blue numbers on Minnesota's new gray jerseys. They match the light blue on the kit a little better than the initial mockups showed, but they still seem a bit too light to contrast with the gray base. White would've been the best choice IMO, and it would've matched the sponsor logo on the front.

IMG_2910.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I'd love to see them put something like this on the front of their throwback jerseys:

SounderFCthrowback.jpg

You're killing me :) you hate the "fake" tie to the past yet want them to use the wordmark of the past?

I do like that logo though (have a shirt with it on the front), but think I'd rather just see the current crest done up in the kelly/cyan combo. One more day...

Sounders2017.jpg

2 hours ago, hawk36 said:

You're killing me :) you hate the "fake" tie to the past yet want them to use the wordmark of the past?

I do like that logo though (have a shirt with it on the front), but think I'd rather just see the current crest done up in the kelly/cyan combo. One more day...

Sounders2017.jpg

lol.

I think you are mostly kidding but you know that the argument is the continual existence and not the fact that there is history all together?

I like the kelly/cyan combo but I hate that star.........but that's only 'cause I'm a TFC supporter if i'm being honest with you. 

Glad we got Irwin in the end but we sure regretted letting Frei go on that night.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

58 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I think that he's mainly kidding there.  We're good.

And I do like that recolor.

...I ruined the joke.  :blush:

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived