2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

21 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Guess they're not really "a blue team" anymore. 

Yeah, and it's a real shame. Their previous home kit was nearly perfect and they should've owned blue/black/blue going forward. Not to mention the fact that blue/black/blue was their primary look during the years of their two MLS Cup victories.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, NYCdog said:

So close to full Croat. 

Does the Crew (or anyone else in MLS) ever go full checkerboard? Would love to see it. 

croatia.jpg?w=620

The Columbus Crew SC black jersey has a sublimated checkerboard pattern. The Indy Eleven of the NASL has sublimated checkers on both jerseys.

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, JaMikePA said:

The Columbus Crew SC black jersey has a sublimated checkerboard pattern. The Indy Eleven of the NASL has sublimated checkers on both jerseys.

Im aware of the subliminal patterns. But will any team dare to display a full checkerboard pattern (non-subliminal) in all its glory?

EDIT: Mad props to Columbus on embracing the checkerboard. Yellow already makes them stand out in MLS and the checkerboard just adds to an already unique brand. 

NYCdog.png

1 hour ago, rsaline said:

You would think I'd read article dates. Announced a while back. I still think its odd that only 8-10 teams would decide to sign a collective deal with one company while the rest do their own thing.

The collective deal will be made up of smaller clubs with less clout, the big boys will be able to negotiate more profitable deals for themselves.

20 minutes ago, Jaffa said:

The collective deal will be made up of smaller clubs with less clout, the big boys will be able to negotiate more profitable deals for themselves.

Interesting. Will this also apply to Championship level? I wonder how these contracts would work once a team is relegated.

10 minutes ago, rsaline said:

Interesting. Will this also apply to Championship level? I wonder how these contracts would work once a team is relegated.

The Championship doesn't have sleeve advertising - for the time being at least - but teams can wear sponsors' logos on the back of their shirts and on their shorts. I'd guess that if a Premier League club with a sleeve sponsor was relegated said sponsor would look to have first dibs on one of these alternative spots.

That said, some sponsorship deals are dependent on Premier League status so have severance clauses written into them in case of relegation.

Archived