2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coach: And there I was. . . 

Players: Not this crap again . . .

I'd like to see Nike have more designs available on their TeamBuilder site. I know these are standard teamwear but I'd like them to have at least as many options as adidas.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 hours ago, JaMikePA said:

These are the new Pittsburgh Riverhounds (USL) uniforms for 2017:

17359179_10155143719114146_6399780028704141433_o.jpg

I'm glad that they sport Pittsburgh black and gold, but there's so much the RiverHounds could do to improve their look.  They should start by changing that stupid name. 

41 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

That's still their badge.

I'm not sure they've ever announced that they're scrapping the new one, but they're scrapping the new one. 

As much as I wish that to be the case, the new badge is here to stay. It's set to be on all three of their kits next season, and it'll officially replace their current badge in July of this year.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

From my understanding it was kind of a precursor to the actual switch, which will occur in July. My guess is that they wanted to wait for the current season to end before officially making the switch, and by the summer enough time will have passed to get the new kits, as well as a multitude of other apparel and merchandise, with the new badge. It does seem a bit odd that they're not using it on social media or on their website, but I suppose it would make sense to do a full transition all at once.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I thought they'd went back to the current badge. Regardless, the old badge on the old kit makes me think they haven't decided what to do. Then again this could be a prototype made prior to any changes.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 hours ago, upperV03 said:

From my understanding it was kind of a precursor to the actual switch, which will occur in July. My guess is that they wanted to wait for the current season to end before officially making the switch, and by the summer enough time will have passed to get the new kits, as well as a multitude of other apparel and merchandise, with the new badge. It does seem a bit odd that they're not using it on social media or on their website, but I suppose it would make sense to do a full transition all at once.

They used it on their social media immediately after the announcement, then pulled it and reverted to the old badge after the ridicule spread. 

With other European clubs, its customary to start using the new badge immediately. Chelsea announced a badge change in the season when they won the Premier League, and every bit of championship merchandise featured the new logo, a logo they didn't wear at all during the season.  When Spurs unveiled their new logo, they used it immediately even though the merchandise took a while to catch up.  

I'm not aware of if any other situations where a club unveiled a new logo, used it exclusively for a short period of time, then scrubbed it entirely from their online presence while waiting for the change to become official at a later date.   

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

They used it on their social media immediately after the announcement, then pulled it and reverted to the old badge after the ridicule spread. 

With other European clubs, its customary to start using the new badge immediately. Chelsea announced a badge change in the season when they won the Premier League, and every bit of championship merchandise featured the new logo, a logo they didn't wear at all during the season.  When Spurs unveiled their new logo, they used it immediately even though the merchandise took a while to catch up.  

I'm not aware of if any other situations where a club unveiled a new logo, used it exclusively for a short period of time, then scrubbed it entirely from their online presence while waiting for the change to become official at a later date.   

I'm well aware of the precedent that has been set by other clubs after a badge change, but each club has their own strategy. However strange it may be though, the new logo is definitely here to stay. When they unveiled it they even said that it'd be in use starting in July, so perhaps they were anticipating a mixed reaction since it's such a drastic change, and wanted to ease into the transition instead of full on going to the new badge out of the blue.

http://www.juventus.com/en/black-and-white-and-more.php

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

That is strange.  

I understand unveiling it but not using it right away.  What I don't understand is switching to the new logo immediately, pulling it after a bad response, and then bringing it back later anyway.

I've also heard rumors that they'll be keeping the new logo as a "lifestyle brand" while retaining the old logo on their jerseys. 

Archived