2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

That is strange.  

I understand unveiling it but not using it right away.  What I don't understand is switching to the new logo immediately, pulling it after a bad response, and then bringing it back later anyway.

I've also heard rumors that they'll be keeping the new logo as a "lifestyle brand" while retaining the old logo on their jerseys. 

I mean I get your point, but they didn't really pull it. It's stil visible on their website and social media, you just have to do some digging to find it. No, they're not using it as their profile picture or header on the website, but it's not like they deleted any trace of its existence. And regarding the rumors on the "lifestyle brand", I don't believe those are accurate. All the reputable information that I have heard is that the new logo will indeed be on the final version of the new kits, and it'll be replacing the current badge starting in July.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

The Cosmos unveiled their new Inaria kits today, and they're a mixed bag at best.

C7c6fjtXkAAyxVn.jpg

I like goalkeeper shirt, it's reminds me England gk shirt from 2011/12.

Btw they signed multi-year partnership with UA, so what happens that they changed to Inaria?

4r2eer.png

1 hour ago, flyersfan said:

definately not an upgrade, but they could be a lot worse

Interesting how the font for the names is almost like a sans-serif version of the current typeface. I like the numbers though, they're pretty straight-forward and they definitely could've done a lot worse.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, flyersfan said:

Full premier league number font:

love the current name/number font that the PL uses, but this might even be better. I was afraid of what they'd go with, thinking that the current font wouldn't be topped, but this is nearly perfect.

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I mean I get your point, but they didn't really pull it. It's stil visible on their website and social media, you just have to do some digging to find it. No, they're not using it as their profile picture or header on the website, but it's not like they deleted any trace of its existence. And regarding the rumors on the "lifestyle brand", I don't believe those are accurate. All the reputable information that I have heard is that the new logo will indeed be on the final version of the new kits, and it'll be replacing the current badge starting in July.

Yeah, but when the new logo was unveiled they instantly put it up on their social media accounts.  They put it up across the top of their website.  That all quietly and suddenly came down.  So while it's true that you can still find the original news item in their website's archives (and you really have to dig to find it), they did indeed pull it down from its original prominent position. 

2 hours ago, pepis21 said:

I like goalkeeper shirt, it's reminds me England gk shirt from 2011/12.

Btw they signed multi-year partnership with UA, so what happens that they changed to Inaria?

The Cosmos either cancelled the contract, or UA did.  If UA did, that could be because they failed to make sales quotas.

5 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, but when the new logo was unveiled they instantly put it up on their social media accounts.  They put it up across the top of their website.  That all quietly and suddenly came down.  So while it's true that you can still find the original news item in their website's archives (and you really have to dig to find it), they did indeed pull it down from its original prominent position. 

Oh I know, but that's still different from pulling it down completely. It's still there on their website and social media, and the plan to officially replace their current logo in July hasn't changed. I agree with you that the way they've handled it it is a bit bizarre, but they did say when they initially showed the new logo that the change wouldn't officially go into effect until July. Apparently that included all platforms, and they returned to their current badge on all platforms after they provided a glimpse at the new one.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

The Cosmos unveiled their new Inaria kits today, and they're a mixed bag at best.

C7c6fjtXkAAyxVn.jpg 

It's nice that they seem to be going back to wearing white shirts at home.

But that blue shirt with the green dots is ridiculous. (Though the socks are very nice.)

And the keeper's jersey is just goofy.  Also, the fact that it's a team colour is very strange.  Better that the keeper's shirt should be a solid colour that is not a team colour, like red or orange.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

9 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

It's nice that they seem to be going back to wearing white shirts at home.

But that blue shirt with the green dots is ridiculous. (Though the socks are very nice.)

No, that ridiculous blue shirt is the new home.

The first time any Cosmos club has worn blue home shirts.   Very odd choice given that blue is so associated with that other, more popular club.  If not white, then should have been primarily green.

2 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

No, that ridiculous blue shirt is the new home.

The first time any Cosmos club has worn blue home shirts.   Very odd choice given that blue is so associated with that other, more popular club.  If not white, then should have been primarily green.

Oh, come on!

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Archived