anythinglogos

2017/18 Soccer Kits

1,757 posts in this topic

What is that pattern? Snakeskin? Would be nicer with a geometric pattern or just plain stripes imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it is a snakeskin pattern. I would have also preferred a striped pattern.  But there are tons of rattlesnakes down here, so at least it is somewhat-themed to the area.  Overall it is still a beautiful alternate uniform for them to wear a couple times this season.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Classic Man said:

Yes, it is a snakeskin pattern. I would have also preferred a striped pattern.  But there are tons of rattlesnakes down here, so at least it is somewhat-themed to the area.  Overall it is still a beautiful alternate uniform for them to wear a couple times this season.

It's a Nike catalog template based off of Inter's 2015/16 away kit, hence the snakeskin pattern. So aside from the colors it's not really a custom design.

IMG_3199.JPG

Here's another example of the template being used:

IMG_3200.JPG

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Classic Man said:

Yes, it is a snakeskin pattern. I would have also preferred a striped pattern.  But there are tons of rattlesnakes down here, so at least it is somewhat-themed to the area.  Overall it is still a beautiful alternate uniform for them to wear a couple times this season.

 

 

I couldn't make it over to St Pete tonight. Are they rolling with three options this year? I'd have thought the green secondary would be gone. 

 

I like the new one. Gives a different look to the mandatory green and gold. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy hell the sleeves on the new PSG shirt are absolutely dreadful and ruin an otherwise decent design.

IMG_3204.JPG

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Nike template is just brutal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Holy hell the sleeves on the new PSG shirt are absolutely dreadful and ruin an otherwise decent design.

IMG_3204.JPG

 

What the heck is this? And they using Bordeaux colours now? I'm done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Berlin Wall said:

 

What the heck is this? And they using Bordeaux colours now? I'm done.

I don't think it is actually Bordeaux colors.


I suspect it is alternating red and blue, that just appear that color from a distance, a la:

 

USMNT-Darlington-Nagbe-Jermaine-Jones_LR

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ewwww that PSG kit is horrible. WTF is Nike thinking lately?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Holy hell the sleeves on the new PSG shirt are absolutely dreadful and ruin an otherwise decent design.

IMG_3204.JPG

if ya can't beat barcelona, then I guess try and make your kit their colors?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gdu said:

I don't think it is actually Bordeaux colors.


I suspect it is alternating red and blue, that just appear that color from a distance, a la:

 

USMNT-Darlington-Nagbe-Jermaine-Jones_LR

 

Agreed....which is what makes Nike's use of this template so bad.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn the PSG kit is ugly. Seriously who thought those claret (?) sleeves were a good idea?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Nike template would be seriously nice if it didn't skew the colors to all of these off shades and appear differently than they are supposed to. Otherwise, it's a nice design and well fitting shirt.

 

But by now we've seen purple sleeves on the US training wear and now PSG, maroon on the US away and third kits, silvery blue on England, etc. Not to mention the inclusion of black on the US away, as well as the trim on the France (blue home...thankfully they said they won't wear their new black kit ever) and England kits (new navy kits).

 

I'm fine experimenting on some club secondary kits. But with international kits, colors are king. Thank heavens for squads like Brazil and Holland sticking to their guns and still going with their classic colors. Brazil is so strong on this stance that they don't allow anything other than their traditional yellow primary and blue alternate. That's why they never wear these Nike alternate kits.

 

All I want is for the US to consistently come out in some variation of red (real red, not maroon), white, and dark navy blue (no royal...though I am oddly cool with the light blue sleeves on the white kit...the navy trim on the shirt helps). And I'd like to see a mix of those colors, not just one color emphasized. That's where this new red kit goes wrong. You've got our real red, dark red sleeves, black trim, as well as a silver swoosh and monochrome silver crest. What's American about that?

 

So today, while I already own the new red kit, I am wearing the classic 1950 shirt. Our backs are against the wall and we need three points. And it sure as hell looks more American than what the Yanks will wear tonight.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

This Nike template would be seriously nice if it didn't skew the colors to all of these off shades and appear differently than they are supposed to. Otherwise, it's a nice design and well fitting shirt.

 

But by now we've seen purple sleeves on the US training wear and now PSG, maroon on the US away and third kits, silvery blue on England, etc. Not to mention the inclusion of black on the US away, as well as the trim on the France (blue home...thankfully they said they won't wear their new black kit ever) and England kits (new navy kits).

 

I'm fine experimenting on some club secondary kits. But with international kits, colors are king. Thank heavens for squads like Brazil and Holland sticking to their guns and still going with their classic colors. Brazil is so strong on this stance that they don't allow anything other than their traditional yellow primary and blue alternate. That's why they never wear these Nike alternate kits.

 

All I want is for the US to consistently come out in some variation of red (real red, not maroon), white, and dark navy blue (no royal...though I am oddly cool with the light blue sleeves on the white kit...the navy trim on the shirt helps). And I'd like to see a mix of those colors, not just one color emphasized. That's where this new red kit goes wrong. You've got our real red, dark red sleeves, black trim, as well as a silver swoosh and monochrome silver crest. What's American about that?

 

So today, while I already own the new red kit, I am wearing the classic 1950 shirt. Our backs are against the wall and we need three points. And it sure as hell looks more American than what the Yanks will wear tonight.

At least Jordan Morris will look good tonight repping the colors of his University. Also, it's kind of ironic that they'll be debuting the red kits tonight in San Jose, so close to Stanford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

But with international kits, colors are king

Word is bond. In soccer especially where the chest advertisement and manufacturer's logo on the right chest often overshadow a club or nation's crest, colors are really all we have to hold onto. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24.3.2017 at 5:00 AM, Berlin Wall said:

Hammarby IF:

 

hammarby_2017_puma_away_kit_g.jpg

 

Hammarby_2017_Puma_Away_Kit_shirt_a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, fl00dsm0k3 said:

All in favor of Nike never making a football kit again say I.

 

For a long time, Nike made the best kits in the sport.  They're on a very bad run now, but there's hope they'll regain their form. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now