2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, it is a snakeskin pattern. I would have also preferred a striped pattern.  But there are tons of rattlesnakes down here, so at least it is somewhat-themed to the area.  Overall it is still a beautiful alternate uniform for them to wear a couple times this season.

You just made the Iron List!!

Iron List.png

16 minutes ago, Classic Man said:

Yes, it is a snakeskin pattern. I would have also preferred a striped pattern.  But there are tons of rattlesnakes down here, so at least it is somewhat-themed to the area.  Overall it is still a beautiful alternate uniform for them to wear a couple times this season.

It's a Nike catalog template based off of Inter's 2015/16 away kit, hence the snakeskin pattern. So aside from the colors it's not really a custom design.

IMG_3199.JPG

Here's another example of the template being used:

IMG_3200.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, Classic Man said:

I couldn't make it over to St Pete tonight. Are they rolling with three options this year? I'd have thought the green secondary would be gone. 

I like the new one. Gives a different look to the mandatory green and gold. 

6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Holy hell the sleeves on the new PSG shirt are absolutely dreadful and ruin an otherwise decent design.

IMG_3204.JPG

What the heck is this? And they using Bordeaux colours now? I'm done.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

32 minutes ago, Berlin Wall said:

What the heck is this? And they using Bordeaux colours now? I'm done.

I don't think it is actually Bordeaux colors.

I suspect it is alternating red and blue, that just appear that color from a distance, a la:

USMNT-Darlington-Nagbe-Jermaine-Jones_LR

7 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Holy hell the sleeves on the new PSG shirt are absolutely dreadful and ruin an otherwise decent design.

IMG_3204.JPG

if ya can't beat barcelona, then I guess try and make your kit their colors?

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

1 hour ago, gdu said:

I don't think it is actually Bordeaux colors.

I suspect it is alternating red and blue, that just appear that color from a distance, a la:

USMNT-Darlington-Nagbe-Jermaine-Jones_LR

Agreed....which is what makes Nike's use of this template so bad.

gYH2mW9.png

This Nike template would be seriously nice if it didn't skew the colors to all of these off shades and appear differently than they are supposed to. Otherwise, it's a nice design and well fitting shirt.

But by now we've seen purple sleeves on the US training wear and now PSG, maroon on the US away and third kits, silvery blue on England, etc. Not to mention the inclusion of black on the US away, as well as the trim on the France (blue home...thankfully they said they won't wear their new black kit ever) and England kits (new navy kits).

I'm fine experimenting on some club secondary kits. But with international kits, colors are king. Thank heavens for squads like Brazil and Holland sticking to their guns and still going with their classic colors. Brazil is so strong on this stance that they don't allow anything other than their traditional yellow primary and blue alternate. That's why they never wear these Nike alternate kits.

All I want is for the US to consistently come out in some variation of red (real red, not maroon), white, and dark navy blue (no royal...though I am oddly cool with the light blue sleeves on the white kit...the navy trim on the shirt helps). And I'd like to see a mix of those colors, not just one color emphasized. That's where this new red kit goes wrong. You've got our real red, dark red sleeves, black trim, as well as a silver swoosh and monochrome silver crest. What's American about that?

So today, while I already own the new red kit, I am wearing the classic 1950 shirt. Our backs are against the wall and we need three points. And it sure as hell looks more American than what the Yanks will wear tonight.

12 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

This Nike template would be seriously nice if it didn't skew the colors to all of these off shades and appear differently than they are supposed to. Otherwise, it's a nice design and well fitting shirt.

But by now we've seen purple sleeves on the US training wear and now PSG, maroon on the US away and third kits, silvery blue on England, etc. Not to mention the inclusion of black on the US away, as well as the trim on the France (blue home...thankfully they said they won't wear their new black kit ever) and England kits (new navy kits).

I'm fine experimenting on some club secondary kits. But with international kits, colors are king. Thank heavens for squads like Brazil and Holland sticking to their guns and still going with their classic colors. Brazil is so strong on this stance that they don't allow anything other than their traditional yellow primary and blue alternate. That's why they never wear these Nike alternate kits.

All I want is for the US to consistently come out in some variation of red (real red, not maroon), white, and dark navy blue (no royal...though I am oddly cool with the light blue sleeves on the white kit...the navy trim on the shirt helps). And I'd like to see a mix of those colors, not just one color emphasized. That's where this new red kit goes wrong. You've got our real red, dark red sleeves, black trim, as well as a silver swoosh and monochrome silver crest. What's American about that?

So today, while I already own the new red kit, I am wearing the classic 1950 shirt. Our backs are against the wall and we need three points. And it sure as hell looks more American than what the Yanks will wear tonight.

At least Jordan Morris will look good tonight repping the colors of his University. Also, it's kind of ironic that they'll be debuting the red kits tonight in San Jose, so close to Stanford.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

But with international kits, colors are king

Word is bond. In soccer especially where the chest advertisement and manufacturer's logo on the right chest often overshadow a club or nation's crest, colors are really all we have to hold onto. 

Archived