2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

^

me too, the away kit was also great. 

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I haven't really liked any home kit Nike has done for France. They've often hit it out of the park with the away kits with the mariniere theme, but except for the template Euro2016 kit the blue's always been too dark and there's been a lack of red from the shirt. 

The adidas stripes recreating the French flag were brilliant and often featured on  fantastic designs. Between  1982-86 they created 3 beautiful  kits in succession that looked like they were upping the ante on beautiful kits every cycle, with 1986 being my favorite.

top_five_france_world_cup_kits_img6.jpg

1808.jpg

michel-platini-france-world-cup-1986-299

07Giants.pngnyy.png

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I haven't really liked any home kit Nike has done for France. They've often hit it out of the park with the away kits with the mariniere theme,

How could I have forgotten about that?  That was brilliant. 

268e08e5593b94e0b5fa9c831f93bf41.jpg

b77de57549092e1330286020f2ac03a7.jpg

picasso_art_window.jpg

10 hours ago, Gothamite said:

picasso_art_window.jpg

That was a great shirt but it was completely ruined by the Robo-Rooster/Le Robo Coq in the crest. Somehow it still persists in the official FFF logo but they've gone back to the classic rooster on the shirts. 

2 hours ago, schtee said:

That was a great shirt but it was completely ruined by the Robo-Rooster/Le Robo Coq in the crest. Somehow it still persists in the official FFF logo but they've gone back to the classic rooster on the shirts. 

I'd say "completely ruined" is a bit of a stretch, but it certainly would've been better with the classic crest. This was my favorite of the marinière-themed kits:

IMG_3225.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The shorts will be white. I have heard the kit will look similar to the above: Sky blue shirt with white and navy trim (the one pictured),white shorts with sky blue trim and navy branding,and sky blue socks with navy branding,a white "Nike linear graphic" on the back calf and a maroon stripe around the sock turnover. Cannot confirm.

Bringing back a chat from the last page:

I’m pretty sure the Premier League name/number color rules stem from the league’s desire for retailers to easily stock numbers to print any Premier League kit — e.g., if there were 11 different available colors, and a smaller club used green, for instance, it could present problems for retailers who don’t want to stock a bunch of numbers they know they might not sell.

I think this is probably silly in 2017, but hey, their call.

6fQjS3M.png

On 3/26/2017 at 7:14 AM, Gothamite said:

picasso_art_window.jpg

That's still my all-time favorite France kit. The classic rooster crest one with the faded stripes is a close second.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived