2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

The new Timbers' primary kit has been officially unveiled. Apparently the kit "is made of a new engineered flannel material that creates the checkered look and feel." They absolutely nailed this IMO, the only flaw is the MLS badges not matching the color scheme of the kit, but it's a minor issue considering how beautiful and classy the rest of the kit is.

IMG_2686.JPG

For more info about the details of the kit and more images, go here: 

http://www.timbers.com/post/2017/01/11/green-gold-2017-18-portland-timbers-primary-kit

That look is incredible. Only hope the Sounders can unveil something close to that good. 

15 hours ago, Digby said:

I only just just noticed that the MLS patches are in the old fluoro green -- odd choice. Wonder if there was a last minute change somewhere?

We talked about this before - don't know why they didn't change the colors, but doubt that it reflects a last-minute anything, since they did change the colors of the badge. 

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

We talked about this before - don't know why they didn't change the colors, but doubt that it reflects a last-minute anything, since they did change the colors of the badge. 

They've phased out the wordmark in the logo so I assume the next change is phasing out the fluoro in favor of gold (right move I'd say) ... just odd that they couldn't do it there. No rule states the MLS jersey patches have to match your primary logo colors.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

The wordmark's been gone for a couple years (or at least that version was relegated to being a secondary a couple years ago).  But we don't know if this color change is permanent or not, and even if it isn't we don't know why they didn't recolor the league patch as well.

Personally, I think the Timbers' league patch is a mess, if only because that's the only white left on the jersey.  Really stands out.  I also fear for LAFC, whom I expect to have an all black-and-gold shirt, again with the only white being on the league patches.

18 minutes ago, Waffles said:

Empire of Soccer has found a few trademark filings indicating possible changes afoot for Orange County Blues:

ocfc-badges.jpg

I'm presuming that 1889 refers to the founding of Orange County?

I like elements of each of them.  I'm especially drawn to the "OCSC" in the bottom-center - that wonderful angle on the "SC" makes all the difference.

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

The wordmark's been gone for a couple years (or at least that version was relegated to being a secondary a couple years ago).  But we don't know if this color change is permanent or not, and even if it isn't we don't know why they didn't recolor the league patch as well.

Personally, I think the Timbers' league patch is a mess, if only because that's the only white left on the jersey.  Really stands out.  I also fear for LAFC, whom I expect to have an all black-and-gold shirt, again with the only white being on the league patches.

I wish teams had freedom to recolor their league patches on primaries (I'm guessing they don't?) like they do on secondary shirts, like this one.

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 4.06.12 PM.png

33 minutes ago, thefridge15 said:

I wish teams had freedom to recolor their league patches on primaries (I'm guessing they don't?) like they do on secondary shirts, like this one.

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 4.06.12 PM.png

We have no reason to believe that they don't, considering that the Red Bulls and Galaxy have each done just that. 

12 hours ago, Waffles said:

Empire of Soccer has found a few trademark filings indicating possible changes afoot for Orange County Blues:

ocfc-badges.jpg

The first one and the one in the bottom middle are very slick. I like the slight tattoo-ey look. B)

The others look a bit choppy though. Like unfinished rough drafts. In the second logo on the top row the C is noodling through the O like it's trying to win a pasta competition. The first one on the bottom was probably just about to be sent out when they discovered the C was missing in the center and quickly slapped it on. And lastly, on the bottom left they should have refined the cutout at the C a bit more to make it less obvious that it is just a cut O.

Archived