2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.nycfc.com/post/2017/04/19/earth-day-2017-nycfc-raising-awareness 

Today, New York City FC has announced that the Club will wear the specially designed adidas Parley Ocean Plastic™ jerseys at their home match on Sunday, April 23. This activation comes as adidas and MLS join forces with Parley for the Oceans to raise awareness around the harmful impact of marine plastic pollution.

1240x700_parley_announcement_graphic.jpg

19 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Alright thanks! I'll see if I can find some time later today to update the mockup. And @Digby, you could be right, I could see them using the red kit as the clash depending on how prevalent red is on the new kit. Although they might not be able to use a third kit in the Gold Cup since they reverted back to the Waldos for the 2013 tournament rather than using the Centennial kits. Then again they were able to use the red third kit in the 2011 Gold Cup so perhaps it just comes down to designating specific primary and secondaries to be used in the tournament.

Yeah, that year I think it basically worked out that the Centennials were the WCQ primaries and the Waldos were the Gold Cup primaries, with the sweater vests as aways in both (though not many other teams in the WCQ Hex level wear white at home anyway). The slide from "new kits per 2-year cycle" to "new kits per year" to "new kits per tournament" has seemed somewhat inevitable. I find that trend pleasingly compact and cynical/frustrating at the same time. I guess it just seems like the all-reds won't have many chances to take the field if they're not in Gold Cup use, though I wouldn't be surprised if they became de facto primaries at least part-time for WCQ and friendlies. I'm already assuming we won't see the black ones on-field ever again. Anyway, kit life has all become a little too confusing but at least it gives us something to talk about instead of doing real work.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Here's a better look at the ocean jerseys:

auctioncomingsoon.jpg

They won't be sold, but the game-worn ones will be auctioned off afterwards, hence the text.

Four clubs will be wearing these this weekend - LA, Seattle, NYCFC and Orlando.  New York is just the first to reveal.

C9x1ApjWsAA2pql.jpg:large

30 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Worth pointing out that Adidas did this with Bayern and Real Madrid last year, in monochrome versions of their regular kits.  Wish we could have had something like that.

s3-news-tmp-111981-bayern_munich_and_real_madrids_new_parley_kits--2x1--940.png

s3-bayern_kit--default--399.jpg s3-real_madrid_kit--default--399.jpg

ronaldo.jpg.d46be338747eafa4e7dfa5a1320f3a56.jpg

This was the biggest issue, the logos all but disappear if they get soaked.

10 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Just realized - these teams play each other.  So we're going to have two "light gray versus slightly different light gray" matchups.

Parley_Matchups.png

This can't be good. If they are only for pregame, why break them out? If they are meant to be worn during the game? This could get pretty confusing.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

27 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

I'd suggest these are pre match - hence warm up -; this is the adidas design for pre match tops this season

Nope, these are supposed to be worn in the game.

I'm laying odds that the first match will be so confusing they'll scrap it by the time the west coast game plays.  Anybody want that action? ;)

12 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Nope, these are supposed to be worn in the game.

I'm laying odds that the first match will be so confusing they'll scrap it by the time the west coast game plays.  Anybody want that action? ;)

Hopefully Orlando brings purple tops too.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

28 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

That photo is apparently misleading - it's actually white.   But still has a lot of gray on it.

C9yXhdUXsAQ1Qb3.jpg

Yep, and here's a better look at the Galaxy's, which again is thankfully white instead of light gray:

IMG_3568.PNG.5f29f64991d5c0486c0ab939fe9087ac.PNG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived