2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the New Balance teaser video, it looks like the socks on the Liverpool home kit will have the same stripe design as the cuffs and collar of the shirt. This is shaping up to be the best Warrior/NB Liverpool kit yet IMO.

IMG_3670.PNG.b6b46fc9b4b8da1174a240d373387e1e.PNG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

From the New Balance teaser video, it looks like the socks on the Liverpool home kit will have the same stripe design as the cuffs and collar of the shirt. This is shaping up to be the best Warrior/NB Liverpool kit yet IMO.

IMG_3670.PNG.b6b46fc9b4b8da1174a240d373387e1e.PNG

i think they might be going with a 1930's look (see old logo)

so long and thanks for all the fish.

23 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

i think they might be going with a 1930's look (see old logo)

The image I posted is just a screenshot from the teaser video for the new kit, which showed the logos from the club's history. This is what the new shirt will look like:

IMG_3663.JPG.3e7cbf5dce08eb32609f50ab37f594fc.JPG

If anything it seems to take inspiration from the kits worn in the 70's and early 80's and it bears an especially close resemblance to the kit worn in 1984, when they became the first English team to win the treble.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I love that collar. Same as the Germany 2014 World Cup kit and that was also a beaut.

Germany 2014 away kit was inspired by Flamengo and Adidas said this years Flamengo uniform would kinda look like the 14' german kit, so it makes sense that it look like that beauty

A couple of clubs changing kit suppliers; Bournemouth is switching to Umbro starting next season, while Celta Vigo is (likely) going to New Balance. The latter has yet to be finalized, but it sounds like New Balance is the favorite to take over from Adidas.

IMG_3681.JPG.58d77db833784e8bc7fbca28c324b7ec.JPGIMG_3682.JPG.59ec8a2bb9a8aae2ffb0c085524eaf6a.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

La Liga will be adopting a league wide name/number font staring next season, according to FH. This is pretty dissapointing IMO. As a Barça fan I've loved most of the fonts they've come up with for their kits, and, even though they'll still likely be able to wear their own unique font for Cup competitions and friendlies, it'll be dissapointing to see all of the La Liga teams sporting the same font for league matches.

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/04/laliga-to-introduce-streamlined-kit-font-for-all-teams.html?m=1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Just about perfect IMO, and I'll stand by what I said about this easily being the best Warrior/NB Liverpool kit to date. I'm actually really glad they chose to use the gold liverbird since that's what was used for the better part of (arguably) their most successful years, and it seems fitting for the 125th anniversary. I agree that they could've done more with the crest, but in a way just having the liverbird with the commemorative text seems more fitting. Just a lovely effort all around. And here's a look at the back, which of course has the '96 detail in yellow.

IMG_3684.JPG.a31f946b7f818ac20ebc625922319bfc.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

22 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I obviously understand the symbolism and meaning behind it, but think the Hillsborough graphic leaves something to be desired.  Maybe if they used the memorial flame by itself?

That would be a good tweak I think, as it is it's a little on the nose.

And as much as I prefer white trim for Liverpool, I think the gold liverbird looks out of place. Not sure I can accept the 125th anniversary justification when this is a throwback to 1978 much more than 1892, but at any rate, it's mostly pretty nice. And hopefully the away kits will similarly shed the broken-LCD look of the Warrior/New Balance era.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

31 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I obviously understand the symbolism and meaning behind it, but think the Hillsborough graphic leaves something to be desired.  Maybe if they used the memorial flame by itself?

Since it's all  but thee official symbol for the Hillsborough families I don't think we'll see it changed. Most of them were angry to see it taken off of the badge. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Since it's all  but thee official symbol for the Hillsborough families I don't think we'll see it changed. Most of them were angry to see it taken off of the badge. 

I'm not suggesting getting rid of it altogether, just changing the presentation a little. Which they've already done; this particular design isn't written in stone. 

One of the best Juve kits in a while. The "logo" actually looks better than I expected, although it is obviously still a downgrade from the crest. I don't like the Adidas stripes, but it's better that they are on the sides than being on the shoulders

Archived