2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's coming. It's not as good as what it's replacing, but in 5 years people will forget about the controversy since they'll have 40 Italian league titles and another star above the J within the decade. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Indy Eleven in the NASL is taking the unusual step of changing uniform suppliers during the season.  They unveiled their new Adidas kits a couple days ago:

slide_2.jpg

Not bad, but they've lost the distinctive, if subtle, checkerboard design that their inaugural kits had.

Indy11Media2015__479.jpg DSC_5839.JPG?format=1500w

Apparently losing the checkers didn't go over so well, because he next day they put a statement on their website:

INDY ELEVEN STATEMENT ON ADIDAS CHECKERS DESIGN

Explanation on absence of checkered pattern on new adidas jerseys
Apr 26, 2017

Indy Eleven unveiled its new jersey sponsor and uniform provider for the remainder of the 2017 season yesterday, with club and national team giant adidas announced as the supplier.

As part of the new design, Indy Eleven acknowledges the absence of a checkered pattern. While the pattern is something we would have loved to hold onto, unfortunately, that design option was not available. We believe the quality of adidas' jerseys and our first re-design of the jersey since our inception will help make up for it. The checkers will forever be at the heart of the club in its crest and as a symbol of the Brickyard Battalion, the supporters group that proved vital in helping return professional soccer to Indianapolis.

Stay tuned next week for the unveiling of the official adidas away kit, and we look forward to receiving your input on the possibility of a third kit in the future. Pre-order for the new kit is now available on shop.indyeleven.com, and come see the "Boys in Blue" in their new shirts for the first time on Saturday, May 6 against FC Edmonton.

Whoops.  

The problem is that the Adidas teamware catalogue does have checkered jerseys.  I worked this up in a couple minutes:

IndyWhatCouldHaveBeen.png

Wonder why they couldn't just buy off the teamwear catalogue?  Or is this a case of the club not realizing how much its fans were attached to that particular design element?

27 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Indy Eleven in the NASL is taking the unusual step of changing uniform suppliers during the season.  They unveiled their new Adidas kits a couple days ago:

slide_2.jpg

Not bad, but they've lost the distinctive, if subtle, checkerboard design that their inaugural kits had.

Indy11Media2015__479.jpg DSC_5839.JPG?format=1500w

Apparently losing the checkers didn't go over so well, because he next day they put a statement on their website:

Whoops.  

The problem is that the Adidas teamware catalogue does have checkered jerseys.  I worked this up in a couple minutes:

IndyWhatCouldHaveBeen.png

Wonder why they couldn't just buy off the teamwear catalogue?  Or is this a case of the club not realizing how much its fans were attached to that particular design element?

I'd say it's more than likely the latter because the design they went with is still a teamwear/miTeam design, just like the one you worked up. The one you did is on the Condivo template, whereas the design they went with is on the Tiro 17, which also happens to be cheaper. So that could've been a factor as well, but either way the explanation they gave sure seems like a bunch of bull :censored:.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Kind of embarrassing if they're going the cheap route, considering they're going through the motions of an MLS bid. And asking Indianapolis to buy them a new stadium. This really oughtn't be the time to sacrifice your club's identity for the sake of a few thousand dollars.

13 hours ago, pepis21 said:

As a United fan I need to say that Liverpool receive really great looking home shirt for next season.

I think with Carlsberg logo it looks even better:

8PrQYOl.jpg

Fine for a regular season kit but underwhelming for an anniversary kit.

Celtic a few years back for their 125th had a 3rd shirt which was like an original one. The Nike swoosh and sponsor name was the same colour as the kit (white). The usual home strip had a reduced sponsor logo for the team along with the thinner hoops from back when as well, for that season. Shame that the sponsor didn't agree to something like that this year for Liverpool but maybe a special one will come out over the summer?

16 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Since it's all  but thee official symbol for the Hillsborough families I don't think we'll see it changed. Most of them were angry to see it taken off of the badge. 

13 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I'm not suggesting getting rid of it altogether, just changing the presentation a little. Which they've already done; this particular design isn't written in stone. 

The reason for the anger was because the design was changed/moved without consulting the Hillsborough Justice Campaign first. I believe the families support group were consulted though.

I don't think they hold any particular preference to one design or place, although it seems obvious that any design should be centred around the eternal flame, so long as it is represented somewhere. Like Gothamite says, the design could theoretically be tweaked because the symbolism of the flames is what is important and not the current logo itself.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

15 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Or is this a case of the club not realizing how much its fans were attached to that particular design element?

Judging from the reaction of their SG, the ownership distinctly promised them that the checkers would never leave their kits/identity. 

But hey, if they are serious about MLS...then having the FO break promises and play spin doctors about it will become commonplace. BYB better get used to it.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

39 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Another look at the Juve shirt:

IMG_3733.thumb.PNG.989c123e6711887c0c707a4e13134efc.PNG

And a look at the back, which isn't great:

IMG_3732.thumb.JPG.173418534d1995f47b97950581df2c5a.JPG

Weird back...but man I am of the unpopular opinion that the new logo is great. I love these shirts.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

7 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Not sure how to feel about this...

IMG_3728.JPG.7da10053ef9482be09d092b3eb8867c1.JPG

I'm reserving judgment until we can see how that sublimation gradient looks in real life. The middle line from the tip of the V neckline straight down to the hem has the potential to be a muddy yellow mess.

I like that new Japan jersey, but it make no sense for me (this is probably a tribute jersey not match kit). It would be better if they kept that jersey for a World Cup to celebrate his 20th anniversary of first participate.

8 hours ago, browna said:

Fine for a regular season kit but underwhelming for an anniversary kit.

Celtic a few years back for their 125th had a 3rd shirt which was like an original one. [...] Shame that the sponsor didn't agree to something like that this year for Liverpool but maybe a special one will come out over the summer?

But there is a different, Liverpool shirt is based of ones from 80's and in 80's Liverpool already had ads on front. :)

River Plate:

river-plate-2017-leak-5.jpg

river-plate-2017-leak-9.jpg

17RiverLK2.jpg

4r2eer.png

Archived