2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feyenoord Rotterdam home and away:

IMG_4033.thumb.JPG.40928ead786b7e5bf3c1c2ff8b06e659.JPGIMG_4038.thumb.JPG.87a5e15ed5d6ec2702f3bb847f44cd86.JPGIMG_4034.thumb.JPG.28fcacfe64a7661ae669c7df54e84e21.JPGIMG_4035.thumb.JPG.d6b62db1541b624998684385466d2448.JPGIMG_4039.thumb.JPG.6be636a4c0ebd563294c1ef2dfa5bec0.JPGIMG_4036.thumb.JPG.ca26505abfb54cff851aa750a9e2484d.JPGIMG_4037.thumb.JPG.a6956f056f875a3e447e940dfba0c130.JPG

The home is nice enough. The away is rather odd though since the hoops are just a copy of the Timbers' current away kit, with green in place of red. Adidas could've at least removed the thorn details so the hoops aren't an exact copy of the Timbers' kit.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Is this the first time a European team has been issued a template jersey first pioneered by an MLS squad? MLS!

If only that's what the Revs actually wore. what could have been.

That Feyenoord jersey is a true harlequin with each and every element an inverted color of the opposite side. It's perfect.

patriotssignature.png

21 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Is this the first time a European team has been issued a template jersey first pioneered by an MLS squad? MLS!

Middlesborough's away kit for this season reused the chevron design from the Dynamo's current secondary, but in reality that design is just a simplified version of the Germany '14 home kit.

IMG_4045.JPG.b662e56baaaf62b8e8c366abf344d4f1.JPG

And I feel like I've seen a European team reuse the design from the Revs' current secondary, but I might be misremembering. Both the Dynamo's chevron, and the Revs' vertical stripe designs have been made into design options for MiTeam kits by Adidas, so there have been several smaller clubs around the world to use each. But the hooped design from the Timbers' secondary has definitely not been made into a MiTeam design, so it's surprising to see another team use it. Especially considering that it was originally made specifically with the Timbers' "Rose City red" theme in mind.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, Beantown77 said:

If only that's what the Revs actually wore. what could have been.

That Feyenoord jersey is a true harlequin with each and every element an inverted color of the opposite side. It's perfect.

I wasn't referencing the red and white kit but rather the black and green one, which was obviously a bespoke design for Portland with the Rose City theme.

portland-timbers-2016-away-kit-2.jpg

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Middlesborough's away kit for this season reused the chevron design from the Dynamo's current secondary, but in reality that design is just a simplified version of the Germany '14 home kit.

IMG_4045.JPG.b662e56baaaf62b8e8c366abf344d4f1.JPG

And I feel like I've seen a European team reuse the design from the Revs' current secondary, but I might be misremembering. Both the Dynamo's chevron, and the Revs' vertical stripe designs have been made into design options for MiTeam kits by Adidas, so there have been several smaller clubs around the world to use each. But the hooped design from the Timbers' secondary has definitely not been made into a MiTeam design, so it's surprising to see another team use it. Especially considering that it was originally made specifically with the Timbers' "Rose City red" theme in mind.

Yeah I don't really take that type of design into consideration. It's not what I would consider an "exclusive" design that was so obviously inspired for a specific team. It's a generic style that works for countless teams (such as hoops, stripes, pinstripes, sashes, etc). Mexico and Manchester United have done it in the last decade or so. That's what took me by surprise with the Feyenoord shirt. It was a totally custom design for Portland.

That's exactly what Milan should look like. Probably my favorite kit of the season so far since for the first time in almast a decade it doesn't feature extraneous colors or darkened red. And the best part about it is that it doesn't feature all of the annoying glitches we've seen on striped shirts recently, like single color backs or sleeves. The only minor  nitpick I have is that the black part of the adidas stripes should continue down the sleeve, it looks weird how the red stripes is divided into 3 stripes suddenly. 

Other than that, flawless.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

20 minutes ago, anythinglogos said:

That's exactly what Milan should look like. Probably my favorite kit of the season so far since for the first time in almast a decade it doesn't feature extraneous colors or darkened red. And the best part about it is that it doesn't feature all of the annoying glitches we've seen on striped shirts recently, like single color backs or sleeves. The only minor  nitpick I have is that the black part of the adidas stripes should continue down the sleeve, it looks weird how the red stripes is divided into 3 stripes suddenly. 

Other than that, flawless.

I'm going to guess they'll have a sold back for European competition, because, UEFA. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

14 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

I'm going to guess they'll have a sold back for European competition, because, UEFA. 

I doubt it. White names/numbers contrast just fine with the red and black stripes, and the only ones to blame for them having a solid back and gray printing this season are themselves for letting Adidas design the kit that way. UEFA has yet to mandate Barça have a solid back for European competition because the yellow printing provides more than enough contrast with the blaugrana stripes, just as white printing does with the red and black stripes. Prior to this past season they always had striped backs and were allowed to keep them for European competitions because the contrast is and always has been pretty stark between the white printing and the rossoneri stripes.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived