MLB x UA 2020 (indefinite break)

Jj...

X5C2KbM.jpg

The O's have always struck me as a brand that emulates the 70's, so I decided to really push that idea with these uniforms.

The primary set consists of home, away, alternate, and faux-back uniforms. Two hat styles would be recycled for the 2020 season, as they are strong and match the brand well. The faux-back jersey is based loosely off the Orioles uniforms from the mid 60's to the late 80's, donning their original caps from the '54 season, and giving them a fourth colour option that doesn't stray too far off of their main sets.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jj... said:

Not sure why it's doing that... The image is no larger than the others. I've tried reuploading and reposting several times now to no avail. Sorry dude, if a mod sees this I'll take a word of advice to solve this issue so that the thread is still mobile-friendly.

MJD- Which concept are you referring to in regards to the matching cap logo? Or did you simply mean like, generally speaking?

Thanks! 

Oh woops, haha that's my bad, I was referring to the Royals there. If it were up to me I would either go all-in with that block font or stick to the current logos they have. I think it would work either way. I like the shade of gold you chose too, it looks really good with the blue.

ACFplnk.jpg

Iconic as they are, the Yankees go nearly untouched.

The primary set consists of a home, away, and two new alternate uniforms. The Yankees will be donning only one hat, which will use the logo seen on their uniforms. This logo was previously used on the caps before the one in use today. The alternates are made to look as though they have been around for decades, adding options for the Yankees.

sP4IBbN.jpg

Boston's new identity isn't far off of their current brand. Like the Yankees, the Red Sox have a solid look, with a deep history and doesn't need to be toyed with very much. 

The primary set consists of home, away, alternate, and throwback uniforms. The script across the chest and the sleeve patch are modified slightly for consistency.

One (new) hat style would be donning the Red Sox for the 2020 season, the iconic "B" has been altered to match the text on the jersey. The throwback jersey pays homage to their 1931 uniforms, where the cap is modified to better suit Boston's recent history- while still using the '31 logo.

As much as I am enjoying this so far (especially the Twins), I'm thinking these need to be slightly more--um--is unique the correct word? Wild? Outlandish? It is Under Armour after all. Maybe just Baltimore, if nothing else. UA is based there, and the company typically "tests" designs on their hometown/home state teams. See University of Maryland, for example.

Anyway, I don't mean to distract from the good work here. Just a thought is all.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

8ES2G87.jpg

Tampa Bay gets an overhaul that reintroduces the devil ray as the focus point of their identity, without readapting the "Devil Rays" team name. The Rays brand is now driven by a nautical theme, seen in the new script and colour palette. Green is adopted as the primary colour to give the brand distinction among the MLB, furthermore, they are the only team with this green/navy colour combo.

The primary set consists of home, away, alternate, and throwback uniforms. One new hat style will be used by the Rays for the 2020 season. The devil ray will once again be the emblem seen on their caps; these hats will have no letter insignia, drawing back from the inaugural Devil Rays caps that were only worn during the '98 season. The throwback jersey pays homage to the early Devil Rays uniforms.

9 minutes ago, jdp said:

As much as I am enjoying this so far (especially the Twins), I'm thinking these need to be slightly more--um--is unique the correct word? Wild? Outlandish? It is Under Armour after all. Maybe just Baltimore, if nothing else. UA is based there, and the company typically "tests" designs on their hometown/home state teams. See University of Maryland, for example.

Anyway, I don't mean to distract from the good work here. Just a thought is all.

Let's consider it wishful thinking- but in this reality within the next 3 years UA will learn that America's favourite pastime is not to be :censored:ed with.

I nearly gave the Rays the UA treatment, here's a sample of that....

0m32bbf.png

And yes, the road jersey WERE going to be that shade of gray. I'm glad that these concepts never saw the light of day, this preview is more than enough lol...

Jays are up next!

KZ0skqn.jpg

Ahh, the good old Blue Jays. Maybe it's just me (Torontonian), but I think the Blue Jays have had the strongest identity in the MLB for the past 5 years. With that in mind, their rebrand is not drastic at all. The only revisions are nothing new, only the readaptation of old ideas that never went sour. Reintroducing the original colour scheme, the double blue bird is now blue and teal.

The primary set consists of home, away, alternate, and throwback uniforms. The road jersey is baby blue rather than gray, something the Blue Jays had done for their first 13 seasons in the big leagues. Two new (yet familiar) hat styles would be donning the Jays for the 2020 season. These caps will feature their current bird in the new team colours, along with a baseball beneath it- emulating the original caps from the 70's. To take it one step further, Toronto will wear white-panelled caps while at home. The throwback jersey pays homage to their identity worn in the mid 90's.

fXkxJ0j.jpg

The Astros new identity is based around their new insignia, which heavily resembles the one they currently have (minus the excess bevelling).

The primary set consists of home, away, alternate, and throwback uniforms. The 3 main sets feature the Astros' rainbow pattern, which finally makes a return to the primary jerseys for the first time since 1993. Two updated hat styles will be worn by the Astros for the 2020 season. These caps will follow the same colour structure as their current set, but feature their updated logo. The throwback jersey is based on the teams National League identity for nearly a decade between '65 and '74.

3 minutes ago, Yac12 said:

I really like the baseball being behind the Blue Jay.  I wish they would go back to this.  But if I remember correctly, MLB uniform rules don't allow for it anymore.

I know that rule is in place to avoid the baseballs on the uniforms looking like actual baseballs, and I think it was in place before the original Jays uniforms- but since the Jay obstructed the ball it wasn't an issue.

(I could be wrong)

Archived